Interesting, inexpensive Handguns

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of under $500.00 and a readily available cartridge with my suggestions. I consider them "unique" in that sense.

How about a Mauser HSC, 380? I put one of those on layaway yesterday. I don't know how "unique" they are, but I don't see them every day. Again, less than $500.00 and that was NIB, with box and papers. And while .380 isn't 9mm (I can't make my wife understand that) it's not exactly rare either.

I like the Ria Gi. Ive slowly added some aftermarket parts to my liking, nothing expensive just a few things, or you can keep stock. The Tac model is nice also. If you want something for ccw they have a officers sized. Armscor has a lifetime warranty and great cs if you ever need it.

I shot a CZ82 for the first time this spring. While they're not as cheap as they used to be, they are a very well made and accurate litte 9x18.

Beretta 84 or 85, or the sibling of the 84, the Browning BDA 380.

I'm particular to the BB and earlier Beretta variants – the ones with polished blue finish (the elegance!) rather than matte black, a non-decocking safety, wood grips (usually), a sexy curved trigger guard, and no obnoxious liability-dodging warning or disclaimer script on the slide.

They're finely crafted pistols, and are currently available cheap on GB, a situation that will surely not last once the well of Israeli surplus runs dry.

The little S&W MP22 Compact is just a blast to plink with. I have 22's that will blow it away for accuracy but it is just a lot of fun and cheap practice. Built in America and well built at that. Anyone into handguns should own a 22 and you can't go wrong making it your first gun.

Somewhat different than most but I like it. Taurus PT92C

Found it on Gun Trader. Was $310.00 after shipping and transfer fees.
Shoots very well.

CZ P-01. If you can find one for anywhere near $500, but it on the spot and do a happy dance.

Another good (less known) option is the Walther P99AS. Max cool factor.

Rock Island anything is a good bet as far as price goes. If you want to add the "interesting and unique" into the equation, then I would suggest a

Rock Island 22TCM/9mm . Certainly different and with the 9mm barrel installed, pretty inexpensive to feed.

something inexpensive and different with cheap easy to find ammo?

I was going to say tt-33, but 7.62x25 is not cheap, when yo can find it .... Zastava made a close copy in 9mm, the M-88a ....might give that a look.

My Tokarev is a Chinese one in 9mm. I forget the model number. They are easy to finf used. I have also heard good things about the Yugo 9mm ones.

Back