In need of Remington Nylon 66 Disassemble & Reassemble Help!

tbird210

Inactive
I disassembled my Nylon 66 so I could clean it and now I cannot get it back together. If anybody has any advice or even a schematic/picture or anything that might help I would really appriciate it. :confused:

Please email me at tbird210@hotmail.com

My Dad has had one for 40 yrs ? or so. Never cleaned. I didn't even know how to take it apart. I e-mailed Remington and they sent me a copy(print) of the original book to my home address. Man was that thing DIRTY! I t still fired like a champ before being cleaned though.

Remington Nylon 66/Apache 77

I just obtained an old Remington Apache 77 22 autloader (like a Nylon 66 but with a clip, apparently a special run made for K-Mart) although the clip is missing.

I'd apreciate any disassembly/assembly instructions because it appears a little bit of special knowledge would help.

Thanks,
Clive, <clive@xtalwind.net.>

Re. Remington Apache 77

Thanks for the inf. Harley. Now I can probably put it back to together although on inspection, it's not dirty or gummed and has hardly any wear.

I went to the gun stand at the local flea market today on the off chance of replacing the missing clip. Not only did they have several NOS Remington ones, they had a choice of 5 and 10-shot. (BTW, the 77 has a clip whereas the 66 uses a tube.)

Nice to know these old nylon Remingtons are so well regarded. Certainly a gun worth saving.

Just a comment on the Nylon, I had a friend years ago who's father had one.
We used to take it out and shoot it, a lot!
To my knowledge, that gun had never been cleaned since it was new!
I never knew of it ever jamming or failing to fire.

Just goes to show ya, they don't make 'em like they used to, even the cheapest of guns in those days are better than the "premium" guns today!

Just FYI,

You can call, or write to Remington, they will send you a copy of the manual that came with your gun.
I did several years ago, and they send me one that got here in just a few days.

Remington Apache 77

Thanks. I will give that a try. Hopefully it will have detailed assembly info.
Thanks again
Deb

Nylon 66 info

Folks, I'm in the same boat as most of you "were"....I picked up my dad's Nylon 66 and want to clean it up some (probably been 10yrs or more since it's been "opened up") but don't wanna do it w/o some sort of schematic/breakdown. :confused: Could someone please send it to me or tell me how to get it ?? Thanks a bunch, and by the way, I really like the site :D I'm more of a Mil-Surp shooter but this site is fantastic and hope to do some listenin' and learnin' in here as well....Thanx again, Marty

I'm looking for the instructions as well. My father just gave his to my 12 year old son. He took good care of it and insists my son does also. Wish he would have passed it to me when I was 12.

Could someone forward to me at tfontana@tds.net

Back