I'm thinking about leaving the revolver world...

What happens to me I will sell a gun I think I am tired of and won't be using then a couple of years later am sorry I sold it. I've done it a number of times. Yes a gun is just a gun and they make lots of them but someone else's gun isn't the same as the one I had. I might add different grips and do a trigger job is a given except on defense guns. So my guns are personal to me. I have a friend who has never sold a gun and doesn't regret it even though some haven't been used in a couple of decades. Sell them if you want but sell them to a friend with the agreement you can buy them back.

Sell them if you want but sell them to a friend with the agreement you can buy them back.
Nah pardner - I'm headed for that last round up pretty soon.
Anyhow -I'm more or less talking the revolvers I have no attachment too here.
I have a couple that may go into the urn with me ;).

Nothing quite like the lines of a revolver.

5bEqwIq.jpg

oSR4m6Q.jpg

I really like my SP-01,but I must confess I can imagine selling that before selling my revolvers!

Still, do what you feel is right, but if you don't need the money, there is little sense in selling for the sake of it. Thinning the herd, perhaps, but a complete purge? Seems rash to me!!;)

I'll be glad when this topic is on another page. Everytime I see the topic title, I think its going to be a suicide note.

Bob Wright

I've let my revolvers, some over 45 years old, sit in the safe, for the last few years, due to an interest in newer semi auto's..............

However, a recent indulging in black powder, has got me shooting BP revolvers, which has rekindled my thoughts about those numerous old western type cartridge revolvers, I still own. Glad I kept them.

Actually kind of funny you would feel that way.. I have sold all my simi-auto's except a couple 1911's and am buying revolvers.. In the last 2 months I have bought a model 29 and a 500 S&W Magnum.. I sold 4 Simi-auto pistols..

I say do what you want just think about it long and hard, depending on whats in your collection they can be hard to replace.. We all have those guns that we say, why did I sell that?!...

I have a G35 and a G23. I shoot the G35 in our Saturday Defensive Pistol Match. The G23 is my new Winter Concealed Carry pistol.
Sunday following the Defensive Pistol Match is our ICORE Revolver Match. Out comes the 6" GP100, and some times my 4" 686-5.
In the Summer months (Snake Season) I conceal carry revolvers with a couple shot shells most of the time unless going someplace I think I might really need to be carrying. I switch around between my 3" DAO 66, and 2" DAO 64 the most.

I get out the 610, 617, 625 and 3" GP100 for a range session now and again. I do not shoot my Colt 1911 XSE much any more, but I never consider selling it either.

My advice is Spend More Time at the Range and shoot them all, and enjoy them.

Bob

I don't own any center-fire revolvers anymore. I stopped shooting them.

My Ruger single Six is the gun I shoot most though.
I'd like a SA/DA .22 revolver, but I have not been able to make up my mind on one. Well, my trigger trainer is actually a Rohm, but the time I took it to the range I couldn't find it on paper, so that one doesn't get shot anymore.

Only advantage I see with revolvers is ease of brass collection and ability to handle much heavier cartriges. I have a ruger 44 mag super black hawk and aside from possibly getting a NAA black widow in 22mag as a backup (not a huge fan of my old keltec p3at) I personally haven't been able to find an excuse to get another revolver. I have a ruger 22/45 mk3 pistol that runs like a champ and would probably just rebarrel one of my 40's or 10mm's to 357 sig for something of that power level.

I took an honest assessment of every gun I own & had to admit - - I just don't shoot a revolver any more.

In fact, I sold off two very pristine model 19's back in 2009 for a price that will make a lot of people cry ($~ $290 for each)

Oh well - they went to good homes.

Anyhow, I was on the line about getting a new S&W M69 "snubby".

Now I'm wondering - why?

Maybe it's time to just admit - I just don't have that old "itch".

Matter of fact, I bet it's been over 20 years since I shot my pet M19!

I know for a fact the last time I shot my M17's was New Year's Eve - 1999.

I’m a recoil junky. Since my range is only 250 yards, it’s the only platform that gives me joy.

cb2f5495f3c8ace9d6e2c5508cc03ddc.jpg

5260b030c88c62b13a3d7ca64c1952de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To those who think the revolver is obsolete,remember GIGN,the elite French antiterrorist unit uses MR-73's as their primary service weapon. The MR-73 is flawless. It's a pleasure to shoot.For those who think a Python's trigger is smooth,try an MR-73. GIGN required an accurate,potent,dependable handgun with out malfunction for at least 20,000 rounds. It surpassed that. Eight rounds of .357 mag or .357 sig. Difficult not to score well. I've had scores on a 25 yd bullseye target similar to those when using a Benelli MP-90-s. GIGN believes well placed shots are superior in taking down their opponents then pointing and emptying a double stack magazine.

Do I see an Elliason rear target sight on the 6" Python pictured above ? Have one with Colt black Pachmyer grips,rear Elliason target sight and front patridge sight from Colt circa 1982.

Back