Illinois AG says release names of gun owners

Yes, Goldfalcon, there are many that share the same feelings. However, if the only way you can communicate those feelings are to denigrate your target with invectives and to intentionally skirt the language filter, you Sir, are not long for this forum.

We pride ourselves, here at TFL, in being able to have serious discussions, without resorting to having ourselves look like troglodytes. It demeans us all, when we resort to such a style.

I live in the Peoples Republic of Illinois and if this passes I will need to buy a much bigger safe because my home will become a target for burglary while I am out of my home. On a positive note it may deter someone from robbing my home while I'm home. I have had plans to move to Texas for some time, just not quite able to financially. Mortgage is under water. This would most likely accelerate my plans... Illinois is going to chase out the law abiding citizens and be left with just the RIF raf....

I wrote my state legislator last night. The part about the FOID is that it doesn't even mean you are a gun owner. It means we have the ability to legally own, transport, or store firearms and ammunition. And why the AP needs the information is beyond me.

All,

I do apologize for my language. I suppose living in this commy state that continuously tramples on honest hard working citizens rights, get my blood boiling.

I have read these forums for a long time but never joined. When I looked up Illinois and started reading, I just had to join this time and vent. The majority if downstaters just wish Pinko Chicagoland would secede and become it's own state or we could.

Yes yes, I know "why don't you move then"? Asked yourself that if you were in the same situation in your state. It's just not as easy as that.

I served my country for several years and have been to Aghanistan and Iraq. I get irate when those pampered Chicago liberals and coffer drainers make decisions for the rest of us downstaters and spit on our constitutional right to self defense. It is a slap in the face of those in military service who have sacrificed and died in defense of the Constitution.

Well, I'm rambling now. Anyway, I do apologize will try to do better in the future.

Not only will thieves use such a list, but the media, acting with the gun-banners, will use it as well. Selective invasion of privacy, to expose folks on the list as rednecks, drunks, racists, whatever, enough such 'exposes' over enough time and the electorate will believe it true of all gun owners.

Live a block from a school? Use medication? Belong to a little-known church? Get used to seeing photos of your house under a title, 'This man uses prescription drugs, has guns, and lives 200 feet from your Johnny's classroom!'

Not to mention employers, fellow employees, insurance companies, etc., etc., using such a list to deny employment, ostracize employees, raise insurance rates, whatever they can get a way with.

To all of you that think that releasing the names of FOID holders is not so bad....do you not understand how concealed carry is so effective in holding down crime? It is because the BG doesn't know who might be armed.This even protects the non-CCer,as the attacker is not sure if he's going to get shot or not.

Same way with the FOID.A burglar,as of now,doesn't know which house has guns and which don't.It's that not knowing that puts the doubt in their mind.
So please think in reality terms before you post.Thank you.

To be fair....if they want to make public the people who have or have the right to own a firearm. Would they also like to have posted a list of people who don't own a gun? If I am a BG...guess which household I'm goin target?

However the making public the former will also reveal who does not own a gun.....think about it.

Back