I'll Bet She can Beat hillary.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I read about her the more I like her. The more I see her the more I love her! :) Man I hope she doesn't stop at Alaska. As for needing time in Wash; as in the Senate or House. Look how far back you have to go to see the last President elected from either one of those.

B

Last edited:
Heres an excert from am ongoing interview with her

"ADN: But I think you are also talking about the activities in the gray area -- the business relationships with, you know, a senator or congressman or a state legislator. Between someone with interests in the public process and the people running the public process.

PALIN: Right. Well, that's why I think we need more real and normal and hardworking and blue-collar Alaskans to want to run for office and serve in these positions that are making decisions.

Again, I will personalize this. I am not from that other world. My dad as a school teacher wasn't a mover and shaker developer making big bucks in the state of Alaska off of property development. My husband isn't that way. I am not raising my kids to be that way.

... If you want to be in public service, it is being willing to serve Alaskans for the right reasons. It is having to have a servant's heart when you come into these positions. It's not to get rich."

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/9272374p-9187130c.html

WildcheckoutthebearpicsAlaska TM

Go Sarah Go

Has she expressed an interest in running in the next cycle? What does any of this have to do with this cycle?
I've got nothing against the lady, but why are we talking about her?

As a potential Veep was in the OP before. That kicked it off. Thompson/Palin '08 sounds interesting.

As far as serving in the House or Senate first, bad selection pool. These folks are legislators not executives. They negotiate and compromise not lead and manage. It's like corporate attorneys from a companies legal department not being the place to look for a new CEO. Governors are chief executives. That is why so may Presidents were Governors and so few were Reps. or Senators.

That said, many were also Vice-Presidents.

The OP was edited, initially it had a "Are you paying attention Thompson and Giuliani" line in it implying a running mate spot. And one of the links in the OP is to a "draft Palin for Vice-President' site. You see now what I mean.

You can ask WA in a PM why he started the thread if you still feel it's that big a deal why it's being discussed. I'm sure he can help ya out.

Ahh...so this is a "draft" thread. I was just confused about it's purpose. Now that I know, I'll just say "good luck" and go on about my business.

hmmm...

...it's a redhead thread...
...and I vote yes...uhhh, what was the question again?
rauch06.gif

WlidAlaska...

She's pretty, AND she gets the job done. That's awesome I'd definitely vote for someone like her.

Epyon

From the title of the forum Legal and Political I believe we can discuss political and legal issue irrespective of their impact on this or any election cycle.

B

Personally I am not sure a Republican will be able to defeat Hillary in 2008. Just too many negatives for Republicans in the media. That is neither here or there. But I do like this women stances on many issues. Though does she have enough national name recognition to get on the Republican banner.

Ken, I had never heard of her before but after reading all the sources you provided, I'm very interested and from what I read, I too would support her.

She was a good chice when Wild first brought her name up almost exactly a year ago. She's a great choice now....

Thats what I see! A real American, Not a stuffed shirt yabbering! She seems to be a doer. Did Bam Bam ever go see the troups before the race?:cool:

Lots of potential. Might even make a follow-on President in 2012-2016. It's amazing how unexpected things can pop up and blow all of our predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back