If you had a chance to get one FREE pistol from Taurus which would it be?

I'd want a Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull.

There is an old timer that is a regular at my range. He brings two handguns with him every time. Both are RBs. One is .44 mag and the other is .454. Never a hiccup out of them. Just big ol' booms and tight groups at 10 yards.

A hunting revolver such as raging bull in .454.
High probability at least one of the cylinders will shoot reliably and accurately. Enough for white tail.

I once put a classifieds ad up offering to purchase PT 92s that would fire but had feed or other reliability issues. I was planning to save a little on the purchase and use it for malfunction drills. I was surprised at the number of replies I received. Everyone wanted to know if I had a trick to fix them not to sell them though.

For free or for a fire sale price, I would take a Raging Hornet (.22 Hornet) with the longest barrel that they make. Put a scope on it, maybe a bipod... That could be a fun prairie dog gun.

The Raging Bull in 454 Casull with 2-1/4 inch barrel

If its free.. Go big dagnabit.

Buddy of mine won a choice of Glock pistols in a Glock sponsored match.
he chose the 10mm auto.
Dont screw around pick something you would not get other wise.

And dont listen to all the poo poo about Taurus. Companies that already know how to make guns inexpensively. With the advances in technology they are now are making inexpensive guns good.
Companies that know how to make expensive guns good. Have been stuck in a steep learning curve and have sold allot of mid priced junk.. Remington comes to mind.

Last edited:
Probably the Model 44SS6 44 Magnum revolver. Just for the hell of it.

If restricted to a semi-auto pistol, the PT92 without question.

Back