If you had $300 to spend...

There have been a ton of good used police guns hitting the market lately and I would likely get one of those. I have seen the M&P, Sig & Glock lately. If new then the Taurus G2, Canik & S&W SD9, Remington R1 or Ruger.

I bought a Beretta APX for $369 a month ago. And, there was a $100 factor rebate. Even with the local FFL fee, it was less than $300 NEW!

I cannot speak for personal experience, other than shooting a few and knowing folks that have one, but one gun I would consider for myself as a "Truck Gun", is the High Point. A Truck gun IMO is one that will be in all kinds of environments, get beat up along the way and still function. And they have a lifetime warranty. My brother is a big CZ fan. But he will always tell me how the High Point just keeps putting the rounds down range. He is a avid outdoorsmens so the gun gets used a lot during camp and hunting trips. He tells me it will function very well when filthy.

I find the gun rather intriguing. Might just get one myself. Again Under $150.00, inexpensive mags +P rated etc. Just a suggestion.
At under $150.00 it is a gun that I would personally look into given what you have said.

There are some very nice guns available now in the $300 range. Many of these, I would prefer to keep in good shape and not use solely as a "Truck Gun".

Taurus G2C. Probably the best value handgun available right now. There are a ton of reviews on it. I paid $175 for it brand new and have put close to 3000 flawless rds through it. It eats every brand and style of 9mm ammo i feed it. I am not a Taurus cheerleader by any means but this gun just works & works extremely well. Its made well, quite accurate and has a decent trigger.
And, the Taurus G2S. I love mine (not my EDC). Changed out recoil spring assy and striker guide and turned the gun into a real high end 9mm. Total cost about $245 with exchanged parts. Very good gun. Like my Para Ordnance Expert Carry better for concealed carry due to .45 caliber. Para not in $300 category, though.

Back