I Want To Buy A 10MM

I've had this M28 for a little over a year. It is a 4-inch. I do fairly well with it, and I get to go practice with it again tomorrow! There IS a lot to be said for known vs. unknown quantities. And I'm not sure I could even find several hundred dollars worth of 10mm!

A quick look at Midway shows a bit of 10mm in stock, at a bit over $2 a round for most of it.

SO, if you've got the cash, a couple hundred rounds (what I would consider a minimum amount for break in, and training) will be "several" ($400+) hundred dollars.

Were I serious about the round, I'd invest in the needed tools and components to reload for it. Couldn't afford shooting it much, otherwise. And, if you don't shoot it much, odds are you aren't going to get very good with it.

Not trying to talk you out of getting a 10mm (or anything else) just want you to be aware of what you would be getting into.

I've got a 6" 28, had it for decades, its my favorite .357. Can shoot "real" .357 ammo, if desired, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

Been reloading since the early 70s, so today's ammo costs are not a huge concern to me, though availability of components is a pain, right now...

I don't have a 10mm, or a .40 S&W, but I've got autoloading pistols in .22, .32, .380, 9mm, .357 Magnum, .357AMP, .44 Magnum, .44 AMP .45ACP and .45Win Mag. So, I'm not entirely without experience with big bore powerful semi autos, and they are a different animal than revolvers.

Look at it this way, skill driving your family car, or pick up doesn't quite prepare you to drive a tractor-trailer, or a formula one racer. The basics are the same, but the devil is in the details, and its those details (personal skill) that is important for defense use, against man, or beast.

Good Luck and practice with that M28 it'll do what you need done, even if it seems heavy, that weight is there for a reason. Shoot a lighter gun in .357 and you'll quickly see what I mean! ;)

10mm is a weird round. It started nice then the fbi screwed it up by requesting the loads be lightened up. There's an issue with many pistols not being able to handle full 10mm loads and then it's difficult to find full 10mm loads. (I have 3 10mm pistols, 2 of them have 40 barrels because the springs aren't sufficient, the other is a glock 20).

IMHO if you don't mind you might be better served with something like an hk usp 45 and runn 45 super in it, preferably 230gr stout loads. You'll still be able to fire the old 45 aarp out of it as well.

44 AMP nailed it regarding .357 vs 10mm. That said, if you want a 10mm, I have a Kimber Camp Guard and it's a great shooter. Recoil is tolerable and it's easier to carry, in my opinion, than the thicker .357 686 or Ruger GP.

Back