I want one more fun 22lr . . .

What Prof Young is lacking in his list is a small mouse gun, so the NAA could be a good choce
I used to think those things were something of a joke until I actually shot one. I like to compare them to primitive archery bows--really good for developing intuition skills.

If fun shooting is defined as plinking, the HK4 in .22 l.r. with a correct .22 extractor will deliver a lot of fun,

When I want to add quality, accuracy and durability it brings the FN 150 International to my mind. Like the Ruger MkII they can see in excess of 100,000 rounds without a single part breaking but with a nicer trigger.

Most fun? A .22LR conversion on something from the registry. 10/22 with a trigger crank is a hoot as well despite the awkwardness of feeling like you're reeling in a fish.

The price is really getting to me though, a decade ago a brick of thunderbolt was $12 here....now only 325rds is over $50.

I received some "sale" emails recently & the price on 5k bundles is downright blasphemy. Never thought I'd be contemplating reloading .22 of all things, but since prices tend to stay high I'll be doing so in the future.

Not sure why I started saving EVERY spent round I fire after my first purchase, but it turned out to be a good practice.

Back