I think I'm done with Taurus . . .

I just sold my last Taurus, a model 94. It also recently arrived from the service center due to a stuck extractor. Anyway, I was using it as a trainer for my soon-to-be 10 year old but he could not manage the stiff double action and would tilt the barrel in frighteningly unsafe directions while trying to cock the hammer so I traded it in for a Buckmark.

Good gawd, dudenal, never subject a kid to the torture of trying to competently manage a junk firearm. It's junk. Glad to hear you got rid of it, though. :cool:

I've had several Taurus guns... an older model 66, sold to try something else, had no real problems with it. Model 85 that was my wife's gun. Had it for 25 years or so. Have a 24/7 Pro in .45 acp that has been flawless, through at least a thousand rounds. Have a PT111 G2 that has been flawless through probably 1200 rounds so far, and a TCP that has required a little tweaking to make it pretty much flawless.

I can't speak to Taurus' customer service, as I've never had to use it.

I've read countless stories about Ruger Super Redhawks blowing the barrel off the frame, and Glocks with all kinds of feed and ejection issues, Smith and Wessons going out of time, and pretty much every other "good" brand with serious functional issues....

but those Taurus's are just junk....:rolleyes:

I really liked the 24/7 pro. Several thousand rounds, nary a problem with it.

Lack of holsters kinda got me away from it.

lee n. field said:
I'm not done with Taurus, yet. They have some revolvers I might be interested in. I have a 605 that's been very sound. I have a hankering for a .44 Special carry gun.

Oh, I would consider some of their older revolvers, so if a 450, 445 or 431 (especially the 450 or 431) crossed my path at what I considered a reasonable price I'd jump on it. I doubt I'll ever (certainly not anytime soon) buy any current production Taurus.

PlatinumCore16 said:
Chaim, looked for that class action suit, google did not help me. Or maybe I'm the idiot, but either way, do you have a link?
I have a PT709 that I used to carry...

If you go to the Taurus USA website, look at the bottom of the site where there are a bunch of links, you will find it there. You can also go directly to it here: https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/

The PT709 is not one of the guns included in the suit...

"If you own one or more of the following “Class Pistols” : PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT- 609; PT-640; and PT-24/7 pistols (including the “PRO” series of each of these models), you may be entitled to the settlement benefits below. The settlement does not include Taurus G2 model pistols."

Back