I just don't get it.

I hate recoil more than almost anybody and even I think that's a bit more than a stretch. Unless the gun has nothing but a plastic or metal buttplate, or weighs like 3 pounds, almost any adult can handle a .243, usually a .25-06, sometimes 7-08 and even up to .308.

Just my opinion, but I think most flinching is due to muzzle blast. I've seen less of it with people wearing "ears", compared those without.

Flinch from recoil--again, opinion--probably begins with poor position and lack of thought about dealing with recoil when at the bench rest.

The .223 is probably the upper limit of the average person's flinch limit, whether they will admit it or not.

Seriously? As far as I'm concerned recoil with a 223 is a total non-issue and flinching doesn't even start to be an issue until you get into far higher recoil levels.

flinching

I believe that a lot of that is caused by not knowing your trigger.Most triggers have a space to pull before the actuall fire,mine does on my ar.Another thing is breathing,your breathing has to be correct,i find that those who shoot while taking in a deep breath jerk the the trigger rather than squeeze it. You should slowly squeeze it while on the exhale.Actually if you have the time take a couple of deep breaths,slow your heart down,set your self up,you will make a much better shot. My opinion

Back