I Hate Plastic Guns.....

Waspinator

Yup.

I said it.....

I said it for a long time....

I said it to all that would hear.....

Well, today at the range I overheard a gentleman tell another shooter how is was looking into a Bersa UC 9mm but hasn't had a chance to shoot one yet. Well, lo and behold, I happened to be shooting a Bersa UC 9mm (all metal baby, just the way they should to be). I called him over and asked him if he would like to shoot a magazine through it. He said sure and came on over. He shot it and thanked me.

He walked away and then came back with a small S&W shield 9mm with an aftermarket finger extension on it. He asked me if I would like to shoot it. Now I'm thinking, nah... I don't like those plastic guns, but I figured why not, I'll shoot 8 rounds through it just to prove my point....

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. That little S&W was one of the smoothest little guns I ever shot. Accurate as all get out to boot. It was so nice I think I might just have to go get one, especially since I see they only go for about $350-ish.

So...

I used to say I hate plastic guns...

I used to tell everyone who would hear...

I don't think I will be saying that any more

:)

I own one plastic gun and it's my carry gun. I tend to think of plastic guns as a fling, metal guns are to have and to hold till death do us part.

I own both metal and plastic but honestly there is just something about wood and steel. I own both and shoot both but well you know......;)

When I really decided I liked plastic was when I brought a Glock 23 on a week long backpack trip in PA.

It rained every day, and when it wasn't raining, the sun turned the water into thick humidity.

The G23 spent the trip in the damp backpack pocket I used, or in my sweaty waist, all in a cheap, soaked Uncle Mike nylon clip on holster.

At the end of the trip, the pistol still looked like new. I could only imagine what my blued Browning HiPower would have looked like.

The light weight of the pistol, given its capabilities, was appreciated on the trail.

Different strokes for different folks. My favorite guns are still my 1911's, and I really like my little Sig P238 HD, but I am liking the plastic more and more. It started with an XD9 SC and went from there. I just picked up a Shield and an LCR. I will soon be buying a Glock. Additions like Pearce extensions and Talon grips make them very comfortable to me. With a lot of today's polymer firearms, accuracy and reliability are available right off the shelf.

Plastic guns bore me.

I like boring stuff. I prefer vanilla ice cream, plastic guns, Toyota trucks and Honda cars. I have enough drama in my life. It is nice to have boring, no drama cars trucks and guns that just work.

plastic guns

I just wonder if 40 years from today, plastic guns will still hold the same esteem/value that metal and wood guns from 40 years ago, hold now.

the shield never ceases to amaze everyone that gets behind it. that really is the "ultimate" all-around Tupperware pocket gun. they did a great job with that one. and can usually be had for around 375$.

I don't hate them as that is what I carry, but all my others are steel! Plastic guns bore me.

Yup. But add AL alloy to steel for me. And I have a couple of others that I don't carry.

But I can't even foresee the next time I'll buy a plastic pistol. Too many metal-framed guns on the to-buy list. :)

I used to say I hate plastic guns...

Me too, and I still hate Glocks - but for multiple reasons, not just because they are plastic. :) But I kinda like my one plastic gun, HK45. The rest are all metal, and I prefer that, but a bit of variety is nice, and the plastic frame sure does cut down on what would otherwise be a very heavy large gun. I also don't have to care about scratches, and I don't spend time polishing it after cleaning.

I used to have plastic guns, until I got a Glock 17 Gen 4 as such a price I could not pass on.
Solid pistol and a few more Glocks later and now I just dislike plastic guns now. :D
I have shot the Shield and it is a solid little pistol.

Back