I bought a Mosin.

The special opalescent spring steel stripper clips of China with the smooth tapered bodies and dulled corners are tops. Look for those.

I picked up an ammo can a good while back full of ammo on stripper clips. Three 5 rnd clips per pack. I'm pretty sure it is Russian Manufacture. I haven't tried them yet. Don't know if they are the good ones or not.
9b57e8c39c55156d04d9cc82a5f81b87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Soviet ammunition was no more accurate than it had to be, and their standards were pretty low.

It's good for blasting at stuff and having fun, but you need commercial ammunition for best accuracy.

Those should be good clips. The real Russian ones are always good.

It's the junk cheap knockoff Chinese ones that suck buttermilk.

well I'm not finding any russian ones anywhere so I broke down and bought a 5 pack of no brand clips on amazon. if they work out ok, I'll post a link.

the US never issued mosin nagants to general infantry, meaning that there are no USGI clips pertaining to the rifles being discussed.

Agtman, will post something about a Garand in every single thread pertaining to a Mosin. I've come to expect it as it's almost guaranteed. [emoji23] I think he has a Mosin post filter set up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

One of my non-Garands, re-stocked in Boyds wood, has put 3 holes inside an inch with iron sights & spam-can surplus ammo at 100 yards. :)
And that one has the most worn bore of the four.
Denis

I have a pair of those, have not used 'em yet.
Rock Solid is the outfit that did an extended bolt for me on my most customized Mosin & provided the scope mount.
The name fits the company.
Denis

***UPDATE. So I picked up the rifle yesterday. The actual date is 1927. Pics coming as soon as I get the cosmoline off and reassemble it.

Tahunua001
New England Westinghouse and Remington made mosin nagants under contract before the revolution. The rifles left over were issued to US troops, most likely for training duties. I'm sure you could find American made stripper clips but I'm not sure how one would tell. I've seen pictures of US troops with M/N's as well overseas, possibly China? BTW I have a m/n 91 N.E.W with SA stamps.

CLC,

They were issued to the Polar Bear Expedition, when we went to war against the Bolsheviks on the side of the White Russians.

Regards,

Josh

Back