How would you deal with a 6 gun limit on guns?

1. Marlin 39A .22LR open sights
2. 12ga 3in VR Beretta 3901 with choke tubes (takes care of all shotgun needs)
3. Winchester M70 338mag 2 1/2x Redfield (Bear and big game gun)
4. Winchester M70 Featherweight 30-06spfld 3-9x Redfield (good ole deer gun)
5. Savage M99 358win lyman peep sights (because everyone needs a brush gun)
6. Savage M24 Combo .22LR/410bore 3in (real good small game gun)

Many hunters only have one rifle. So I wouldn't see six guns limiting much hunting. I think it would cause many people to choose more carefully.

I don't have six guns, but I would not want a government imposed limit on the number of guns that I could legally own. What I'd like is that the law be enforced (keeping guns out of the possession of criminals).

I guess the first thing I would do is get everyone in the family to contribute by buying six guns lol.

that actually is the exact amount of firearms my wife and I own, but I can gurantee you if a law was passed we would be getting six more....we would start by breaking down who has bought what so far(we each have made multiple purchases of the six we own).

Would think about taking my toys somewhere else to play.:D
But could get buy with a 22 Mag,223,25-06,270win,300WM.Only if I had too!!!!:D

17 HMR for targets and competition, 22 rimfire for small game, 223 for varmints or small deer, 270 for longer-range varmints, 30-06 for larger deer/elk, 357/30-30 lever gun for thicker brush hunting.

(I'd add) a 22LR Bolt or Semi
223 AR
(I'd add a .243 or 270 or both here)
300 RUM
Browning Over Under 12 ga
Browning BPS Slug

I can't imagine butchering my collection down to 6. My mind will not allow me to even entertain the notion. If (my stomach turns just thinking about it) a law came into effect saying I had to reduce my number to 6 I would find a way to hide them.

hunting

There are several ways to "cheat" so to speak.
A blaser bolt gun, a TC encore or contender or a Mossburg SSI (if it was still being made),AR lower or longer frame AR style lower with different uppers.

But really there is nothing in the world you can't hunt with a .280 remington or a 7x57mauser.

As for what 6 long guns I would keep/aquire not "cheating"

mossberg 835...just for the great patterns.
Reminton 1187...12ga for doves/wingshooting.

Winchester model 70 .270 win.
Ruger 10/22
AR in .223/5.56nato

Tc Omega .50 cal Muzzleloader

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!

Why would your government think that 6 is ok but 10 isn't?

Becuse it is "reasonable" (/sarc) ..... I'll tell you why they say 6 is fine but 10 is not: It is the very same reason that a 30, 15, or 12 round magazine is not OK, but 10 rounds is fine: so that in 5 years they can tell you that 6 is not OK but 3 is fine ...... repeat until you are left with but one, and that is so highly regulated as to be a PITA .... what can you do with one (probably muzzle loading single shot in piddly caliber) gun ...... and who really cares but a very, very few gun nuts, anyhow?

It is confiscation, but in small increments. Call it a "boiling frog", a "slippery slope", "death by a thousand cuts", whatever.

ENOUGH! It's my damned cake!

Yeah,I do not want to play the game.

Probably something the equivalent of a Win 52 or my old Rem 513 S.,.22 full size bolt rifle

You said no military type configurations...so probably a bolt 5.56

I sure like my .257.Most of my hunting is done with this

A .308 or 30-06....could be on a light target config

A .375,hunting bolt rifle,light with about 22 in bbl

A 6.5 Creedmoor "F" class type rifle

A .338 Lapua coyote rifle

A Rolling Block ,1902 Smokeless,set up for .405 Wn or 40-70 Sharps

A 45-90 Sharps

A Win 92 clone in 44 magnum

A model 93 marlin in 38-55 or 30-30

An authentic replica of a .54 Hawken

A 12 ga Berretta O/U

An Ithaca NID or LC Smith 16 or 20 ga gentleman bird gun

A Bennelli semi-auto 12 ga

And an AR-50 in 50 BMG......

Is that 6 yet?How many do I have left?

Too bad about that no military type stuff,because a 18 in bbl light config free floated AR in 5.56 and a 5.56 SDMR and a .308 AR-10 seem important...
And a Garand,an 03a3 and an 03a4...well,and a Krag,maybe a SMLE,and an M-1 carbine...

The Chipmunk .22 Magnum is fun...

How many do I have left?I'd like a few for the grandkids...

hey

I'd sell off a bunch of old, crappy guns I've inherited and get a couple of good ones. I'd keep my .22 marlin lever gun, Win X3, O/U 20 ga, but get a high end bolt action 30-06, probably a 260 or 25-06, and... I dunno... I'm more of a shotgunner these days.

Back