How would you deal with a 6 gun limit on guns?

protest loudly

I don't live in Sweden but its not a stretch to think so jerk politician would push for that here. In that case I would contact all my elected officials from my area and ask why they put a limit on my rights. Is there a limit to how many times I can exercise my freedom of speech? Can I only vote so many times? Do I only get one speedy trial by jury? Do I only get to skip quartering soldiers the first two times. Yes they would hear from me loud and often.
bb

Last edited:
I'd move. That wouldn't even cover the family heirloom firearms with which I have been entrusted to pass on to future generations, much less address my actual hunting needs.

A friend of mine did a couple of tours in Kosovo. He couldn't understand why a local was pouring motor oil on his flower bed until they dug up an AK. He didn't want his weapon to rust!

if I had no other choice I believe that I could narrow it down to 6 options. I have a little over a dozen now but many of them are older guns that I bought just for the sake of collecting. if I had to limit them however for the sake of discussion(also I am making a wild guess as to the type of game I could possibly be hunting in sweden)

a bolt action .243 would be able to handle any deer or wolf sized game given 100gr bullets or more and is a good multipurpose round for both woods and mountains so I think that one of those would be a good option. 257 roberts would also do just fine but I would guess that it would be hard to come by in Sweden.

since you are in sweden I would wager a guess that 6.5 swede, 8 Mauser, 30-06 Springfield and 303 British are all commonly available ammo so I would say that larger game such as bears would be within the realm of all of those rounds.

I don't know if you are limited by action type but a nice semi automatic 22lr chambered rifle like a Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60 would be just the ticket for rabbits and other small game.

lastly is bird hunting, a decent shotgun, either over and under or pump action in 12 gauge would serve you fine for bird hunting.

that is about all I could think of for necessities but a nice gun to augment a collection like that would be a combination shotgun/centerfire rifle. that just makes it simple when you only have to pack one gun when you expect to find both large game and foul.

that is just the way I see it. many Americans take unlimited gun options for granted and have 2 in every caliber but if we were limited by how many we were allowed to own then we would all have to be a bit more picky about the guns we buy and every one would have it's own purpose.

As a young hunter starting out all I needed for long guns was a 22 semi auto,30-06,and a 12 gauge shotgun.
Now nearly 50 i'm just not sure I would like a 6 long guns only?

If I had to decide on 6 long guns probably go with these
7mm Rem mag/bolt
308 semi auto
6mm Rem/bolt
5.56 semi auto
12 gauge shotgun
22lr rimfire

I don't need six long guns for hunting. Although I have more, I could be quite happy with:

1. a bolt action .22LR
2. a bolt action .223
3. a bolt action .308 (or .30-06)
4. a pump action 12 gauge

These are quite capable of taking everything I'm likely to hunt. Everything else is gravy.

Six guns wouldn't even cover the Winchesters that I own, and I own twice as many Colts as Winchesters. I don't even know where to start with my shotguns and my collection of military arms.

Maybe I should just become a museum?

6 guns? That's easy;

• some form of .22 rimfire for small game (10/22, etc)
  • a .223 Rem or .243 Win for varmint hunting (Savage Precision Carbine, etc)
  • a .308 or .30-06 for large game (Browning X-bolt, etc)
  • a .375 H&H and up for dangerous game (CZ 550, etc)
  • a 20 or 12 gauge semi-auto shotgun (Winchester SX3, Browning Maxus, etc)

That's not good, I am one short! :eek:

Here I got a bonus one;
  • A get r done gun (Mini 14, AR15, M14, etc)

However, in reality one can almost do everything with a .22LR, a .30-06, and a 12 gauge.

If I had to live with this restriction, of Six long Guns for Hunting I would have.
.22 Long Rifle , a 12 Gauge Shotgun, a Carbine leingth .308 Winchester with Iron Sights, and a Rifle Leingth 30 06 with a Scope. The other two long guns I just dont know, these firearms I mentioned satisfy every need I have in a hunting arm.:)

SXS 12 and 20 gauge BSS
.22LR with scope
.375 H&H Ruger #1
25/06 with scope
12 gauge BPS

I'm a lefty so that influences my model choices.

Air rifles count?

I know it does in Jersey:mad: More than enuf for the ocassional rat under the bird feeder and you can practice shooting in your basement.
also is that per person or household?
I'd need 2 of each here
right now have:
(3).22
(2) 12 ga pumps w/barrels
(1) 20 slug
(1)30-30
(1) 308
(2) bows
(2) air rifles

i guess I'd be a criminal

if it were per household my family would be screwed:D

my mum has got a full quota and she has only hit paper for the last 25 years, she only knew of one gun she had, but her quota was full to:p

Airrifles can count if it has got power equivilant to a .22lr, otherwise any adult can buy one, but over a certain limit it is legal to hunt with (very small game)

I own way over that limit and between my father and I we would need to adopt a few children to get within that limit. I have purchased 2 rifles just this week. If I had to pick from what I have I would go with the following.

1. Ruger 10/22 (.22)
2. Mini 14 (.223/5.56 NATO)
3. Remington 870 12 gauge
4. Savage 111 .270 Win
5. .50 caliber Muzzle loader
6. I would use this spot for my extremely old Mosserg Model 10 .22 long rifle that was my first rifle. I don't shoot it any more because the trigger sear has worn down and I can't find a replacement but I can't let it go.

I am with those who say to take a stand and try to make changes to the laws that give more freedoms to law abiding citizens.

I could live within a 6 gun max.

For me they would be:

.22lr semi Ruger 10/22
.223 REM AR or mini 14 if AR not permitted
.260 REM bolt Rem 700
.308 WIN bolt Rem 700
.30-30 lever older Marlin 336
12 GA Semi Auto Winchester Super X3

Last edited:
12 gauge pump, auto or o/u
.22 rifle
CF rifle

.38/.357 revolver
.22 pistol
larger pistol for fun and hunting

The 6 long guns I would have are:
Ruger 10-22
Rem 12 GA semi auto
Browning 20 GA pump
Weatherby 7MM Mag
Mauser 338 Mag or 30-06

Vote Early
Vote Often
But not for obama

.22 lr semi auto
.410 single shot for a little more muscle then the .22
12 ga. pump (mossberg over remington in my opinion)
.270 bolt (never owned one but it would make its way into my six)
.303 british bolt, a little obsolete but a favorite none the less
.30-.06 pump (I would die before i gave up my 760 gamemaster)

and to Husqvarna, i know a man in connecticut that would be more then happy to give any of grandpas hand me downs a good home ;)

I see that the members interpreted the question in two different ways. I choose to respond to what I would do about the legality of having a 6 gun limit.

I was born and lived in Chicago, Illinois. The firearms restrictions were coming into play and I had one of the first FOID (firearms owner ID) cards. I left Chicago at 17 years of age and never returned. That's what I would do about your regulations..................find another place to live!

That kind of regulation would never happen in Texas. We wouldn't allow it here and there is a sizable group of Texas citizens who would vote to succeed from the US if the Federal government imposed that kind of restriction. I don't see that actually happening but it does illustrate the mindset here. We are free and will darned sure stay free. Any FED who thinks differently will have a huge surprise coming!

Flash

I could get by with these, If I Had to.

1- CZ 452 in .22lr
2- CZ 527 carbine 7.62x39 - If only allowed one long gun, this would be It.
3- CZ 527 varmint in .223
4- Win. 70 sporter in 30-06
5- Rem. 870 12ga. multi barrel 18" & 28"
6- SKS - Works well with my 527 carbine and I've had It for 25 years.

Back