How would you deal with a 6 gun limit on guns?

My first choice would be a SIG SHR 970. The I would look at the Blaser R93.
Thompson Center has just introduced its Dimension rifle with interchangeable barrels.
I DO have an arsenal, though I am a collector and a shooter, not a hunter.

Move to Arizona or Texas

+1 GeauxTide. Like living in California, I'd look or claim a domicile elsewhere.
Not knowing the limits in Sweden, if that were the limit here, i'd consider:
1) .50 BMG semiauto
2) .338 Lapua semiauto
3) .308 bolt action
4) 7mm UHV Weatherby
5) .243 bolt action
6) .22 semiauto

Last edited:
Henry .22 LR/L/S for small game (squirrel, rabbit, raccoon, ect.)
Savage model 10fxp .308 for medium game (deer, blackbear, hogs, antelope, ect.)
Remington700 .300win mag for large game (elk, moose, grizzly, ect.)
Remington 870 for birds (geese, duck, dove, grouse, pheasant,ect.)
So I could live with those rules.
Heck, a BAR in .308 would be a great semiauto boar gun. They make them in .300WM also if you wanted a little more heft.

Six long guns ? no problem .

22lr - semi
223 win - bolt
5.56 - semi
270 win - bolt
338 win mag - bolt
12 ga - pump

Ruger
Howa
Custom build
winchester model 70
Savage
Remington or Mosberg

I already have three of them .

I like your choices except for the 1100. You can only have six so you want them to be utterly reliable. I would get a Rem. 870 but if you are dead set on an auto a Beretta or Benelli.

yes publius that is what I am thinking:D

even made a thread about it some time ago

the thoughts of a barrel exchange platform is still in my mind, I just couldn't afford the step up

but then again it is not much cheaper to have 2-3 tikkas then to have one mauser/blaser

Last edited:
I could hunt successfully in Pennsylvania with this line up:

- Glenfield 30-30
- Marlin 22 MAG
- Double barrel 16 gauge
- CVA Optima muzzle-loader 50 caliber
- TC Hawkin flint lock 45 caliber
- HuntMaster crossbow

Jack

Last edited:
I have a .270, .300 win mag, 6.5x55 swedish, 16 guage pump and .50 cal muzzle loader. Except for the muzzle loader and the .300 they are all heirlooms so I couldn't see having to limit myself to 6 because of this. I know I only listed 5 long guns but my kids will inherit them.
Why should I restrict them from buying their favorite calibers just because they already have the legal limit? Case in point: In my instance I don't even use the shotgun or the .270 anymore but I won't get rid of them.
I'm sure glad we don't have that kind of silly (IMO) law here.

I could get by and do quite well here with a .22lr (10/22), 6.5x55mm (Sporterized Swede), .45 Cal Muzzleloader, and a quality 12ga or even a 20ga. If larger game than black bear were in the offering I'd probably opt for a .338 Win Mag. Now since I look at the list I see I'm one short of the limit, that just won't do so throw in a brush gun say maybe a Marlin 336 in .35 Rem although I would consider something in .45-70 also.

Stu

I think you can get away with 3 for just about any thing (but it would suck) for hunting.

You need:

1. Shot gun
2. a Practice/small game gun (22LR, 17HMR, 22mag)
3. Big game rifle (30-06, 7mm, 45/70,)

add in a hand gun (9mm, 45ACP, 357 magnum) for self defense and you have all the gun basics covered with 4 guns.

I cant think of any animal this side of the pond that at least one of these guns would not work well for.

variety is the spice of life!

yeah CCCLVII for sure two or three is all you "need" or a drilling if we really streamline it

but I feel that even with 6 you could adapt to different hunts

heck for the price of a good drilling I could go for a couple of different setups rifle wise

For the hunting I do I would use (if I had them)
1: Bear/Boar/Moose gun for flushing/dog hunts something with a considerable punch, a reddot for quick shots
2: Scoped .308 or similar for blind hunting
3: Scoped .223 varmint, stalking roedeer hunts, threetop birdhunting long range
4: shotgun for birds
5: shotgun for rabbits/fox
6: .22lr for practise and small game (preferably a CZ so you could up the ante somewhat with a 22wmr or hornet

I mean my tikka now fulfills the role of 1,2,3 and it is not great at either

Winchester Model 70 .30-06. I don't see any need for a larger bore gun than the 06 given the game available in Sweden.

CZ 455 .22lr. this is a heck of a good rifle and for small game you need a .22. I would also look at a semi-auto if that's legal in Sweden. The Remington Speedmaster is worth looking at.

For varmints and medium game the .243win works great. Lots of rifles carry the .243. I like the Savage 12 VLP.

Most of the birds I've shot have been done with a Montgomery Ward 20ga. But that gun stays at home now that I have a Remington 870 12ga.

If you go for doves a semi-auto Benelli in 20ga or 28ga might be a good Idea.

A Winchester 94 in .30-30 as a brush gun. There are few rifles better suited to hunting in places where you can't see that far and you have to shoot quick.

I have a lot of rifles, a few shotguns, and a few pistols. My hunting rifles are: 378WBY for Bear, 300WM for large game, 25-06 for pronghorn and coyote, 22-250 for varmits, 22LR for squirrels and rabbits. I use 12ga 3" for birds.

I am surprised there is a limit on the number of firearms allowed in Sweden. People go on about restrictive gun laws in the UK but there is no limit in the number of firearms allowed.

Glad I live in the USA (and not CA, MA, NY, ect.)

Ruger 10-22
.223/5.56 AR-15
30-06 Bolt
Rem 1100 (12 ga.)

I can cover my needs in 4, but a 300 Win Mag and 17 HMR could be added to this list just for kicks

Back