How many of you CCW two guns at once?

How many guns do you carry?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I also mention I carry a tank, you know, just in case the Russians invade... I mean its better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it... ;)

Point being just carry what you are comfortable with... Any one of us could have weapons go down and need backups, but if you aren't comfortable carrying it every day, then whats the point? We are carrying to defend our life, but not at the expense of letting it run/ruin/change our lives... Whether its 5 guns, 1 gun, or no guns... if you feel happy then no one in the world should be able to tell you you are over or under prepared...

Which is why I have nothing against someone who wont carry. Its not for everyone, much like carrying 2 or 3 or 4 guns isnt for everyone...

well first off the cold war's over so I don't think we need to worry about the reds anymore, though if I could drive(not carry) a tank I would but not because I'm worried about red dawn coming to life;)

and there are other valid reasons to carry a BUG other than the possibility of a malfunction, like not being able to reach your primary for whatever reason

and I never criticized anyone's decision on what they carry so why do it to me?

In addition to the notion of a BUG, the big reason why I carry two is to balance my clothing out for both comfort and concealment. Whether its shorts or pants with cargo pockets or a jacket, there's one on the right side and one on the left, avoiding tell-tale drooping of clothing. My match-ups are either my S&W 649 .38 and my PPKS in .380, or my Beretta Bobcat .22 with my Kel-tec .32.

In the winter, when you can get away with wearing a jacket in Arizona, I will sometimes have a more serious weapon concealed on the belt, namely my Colt Officer's model, but will still carry the other two.

I carry only one and sometimes a reload.

Summer time –
Kahr K9 7+1
or
S&W .38 snubbie 5 shot

Winter time –
PT1911 8+1
or
G29 10+1

Statistically that’s all I should ever need as a civilian. If I happen to be the exception then I guess the big guy upstairs is telling me my time is up.

Two guns sometimes. Second gun is faster than a reload. I carry sp101s. So before you think I'm paranoid, realize that I still only have 10 rounds. Some of you boys have more than that in 1 magazine.

Ben Shepherd wrote: Two guns sometimes. Second gun is faster than a reload.

I also voted two guns for the same reasons Ben shared.

My situation varies. I am in NPEs (non-permissive environments) and some of these have dawgs, metal detectors and folks that pat you down ...

Then I am in situations where one gun is fine, where I prefer two, even three...
Then I might have a shotgun, or lever action in the vehicle...

ADEE is what I subscribe to being a civilian , so my goal is arrive back home at the end of my day, with all my parts, and not having had to use a gun, or anything to defend myself.

Problem 2 is real, and I really don't want to have mess with it either.

*adee*

Steve

:) I voted for one gun and a reload. Lots of times though - and especially in the Winter - I will carry two pistols. I always have a reload for my primary! I may, or may not, have a reload for the BUG. ;)

Moving clockwise around my waist my belt usually looks like: keys, pistol, folding knife, extra magazine, and cell phone. If I'm carrying a BUG it'll be in my support side front pocket. If I'm carrying a pair of reloads for the BUG they'll be in a small pouch in my strong side front pocket. In cold or wet weather, the BUG gets moved to an outside jacket pocket.

For the past 5 years my primary has been an IWB G-21. (You learn to live with the bulk and the weight. Nowadays, if that weight isn't there I feel naked!) :D

I always carry at least 2 guns. In warmer weather, there is a NAA mini-revolver (.22LR) in my RF pants pocket and a Taurus PT111 in a fanny pack. In cooler weather, either the PT111 or a S & W 642 is in a DeSantis Nemesis in my left inside jacket pocket. When it's cold enough for a sweater, the PT111 or 642 are in a OWB belt holster.
While working, a Taurus 85 rides along in my briefcase and gets locked in my desk.
When out at night, the NAA goes in the LF pants pocket and a Kel-Tec .32 or .380 is in the RF pants pocket, and the .38 or 9x19 are in the jacket, fanny pack or belt holster. The Kel-Tec can easily be switched from pants pocket to shirt pocket and vice versa when getting into or out of a car, so that hands-on resource is always available.

sometimes, depending on where I'm headed and/or what I'm doing. if on my M/C always if I'm headed to remote area - and spare mags/ammo.
lightly dressed just one, my Beretta .32acp and spare mag.

I carry one gun (642) in my pocket whenever I can legally. I carry one or two larger guns when its practical. I have two on me 50% of the time. Three in the winter especially in an outside coat pocket.

sometimes, depending on where I'm headed and/or what I'm doing. if on my M/C always if I'm headed to remote area - and spare mags/ammo.
lightly dressed just one, my Beretta .32acp and spare mag.

I most always carry a 642 BUG, and areas with lots of people concern me as much as remote areas.

6+1 in my M1991A1, 1 7-round backup mag. A moot point cuz I can't carry here, anyway. Working on that; wish me luck.

carry habits

Para-Ordnance P-13 alloy frame strong side, with a reload mag that holds 15 rounds. A Kel-tec 380, or 32 auto in the off side pants pocket.

The para will (hopefully) solve what problems I have, the pocket pistol is to get to my wife, or friend should they need to shoot back also. The extra mag for the para is because I was always taught to carry at least one extra mag no matter how many rounds are in your firearm. The magazine is a mechanical device, and as such is prone to failure, loss or some other problem that will end ability to continue the fight unless it it replaced. The spare mag is like the spare tire on my auto...I don't want to use it, but if you have to.......

two guns?

Are you serious, the odds of you needing a firearm are probably 1/800,000 and the odds of a malfunction would be like 1/10,000 so if you multiply the two you are at 1.25E^-10.

You might as well carry more plausible things such as;
  • Life Raft
  • Canteen
  • Kevlar Helmet
  • Hacksaw
  • Ladder
  • Turnicate

After the first gun, any of the above will protect you long before the second gun. It's these types of posts that cast the easily applicable tittle of "gun nut" to CWP carriers.

A couple of years ago, a fellow posted (or boasted) that he carried two big Glocks, two little Glocks, four extra magazines for each, two boxes of ammo, a bowie knife, a switchblade knife and a pair of nunchuks.

He said he didn't consider that being overgunned. He didn't say if he could even move.

Jim

a glock 23 a PPKS .380 and an AR-15 in the car......sounds like a lot i know but if you have ever been in south Phoenix........:eek:

most of the time 1 five shot snub either 44spec or 357 and a speedloader.ocasionally I carry IWB a larger gun sometimes both.
fall/winter walks I sometimes carry OWB under flannel often on those occasions I carry these.
P4220103.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back