How Many Not Leo Members Own A Bulletproof Vest??

I have one, wear when working as an RO or teaching newbies, also when taking training classes. It sits by the bed next to the shotgun so it can be thrown on the bed to keep rounds from coming through the mattress, or given to the wife. It gets used as a dry-fire backstop also. There really is a lot of uses for a vest that every gun owner could use.

Rob P-
Most of the state laws on armor that I am familiar with relate to convicted felons possessing armor. Though, with the rush to pass more laws rather than enforcing the ones we have, it would not surprise me that some states have banned mere possession.

Erick, in California, "mere posession" is enough to get you a VERY long vacation if you get caught. Has been that way for about a decade.

anyone know where I can get one
Check your local pawn shops.
Ask the owner.
The guy I got it from did not have it out front.

Anyone know the proper way to reinforce kevlar?
I think plating is suppost to be on the outside over the kevlar.
What would work, other than steel plates?
I have read about people using the woven steel from tires to make body armor.
Do you think that this would work well?

Re: RobP

Owning a full-auto weapon (or short-barreled weapon, or suppressed weapon, etc), for many of us, is a major felonious act. We still talk about it, because it IS legal for some to own. The point is to KNOW if it's legal for you to own or not. If it's NOT legal, you can read and weep. If it IS legal, then it's OK for the REST of us to talk about. :rolleyes:

Don't have any soft body armor yet, but plan to get one. Use is for Katrina-New-Orleans-type situations, or possibly my last-ditch shootout with the gummint if things get reaaaaaaally bad. :( Or there could be overlap on those 2. [Don't type either of the two well-known acronyms for that or the thread may get closed. :) ]

I've always been a little embarrassed to have one.
I thought it was the last straw that made me a certifiable gun nut

Maybe I was wrong

Go a couple, my 1st one was a secondchance IIa bought it back in 91, wore it when I was station oversease, (hi threat), then got another with ceramic plate before going to S/Arabia in 98, my unit wont even issue one:mad: , each on his own, we where on TC Delta then.

I have a body armor fragmentation protective vest.

I am am glad that this question was asked. Several years ago my dad got this vest. I always thought that it was a bulletproof vest until just now. I found a booklet in the vest that says, "This vest does not protect you against small arms fire." :(

I have an old PASGT and a MOLLE Plate Carrier but no plates, I've been meaning to get those.

I'm an MP in the Ohio Military Reserve, so I have purchase my own uniforms, gear etc...But there's legislation going through that should change that.

I understand that it may be illegal in some jurisdicitons to wear body armor while armed, which is ridiculous, but for mere possession to be illegal strikes me as sheer arrogance on the part of authority. They apparently want to retain the ability to shoot you!

Be that as it may, one gun writer (Ayoob, I believe) recommended wearing body armor at the range and that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Personally, I don't own any and never have.

Back