How Many Not Leo Members Own A Bulletproof Vest??

I own one by Second Chance. I bought it in 1990 to supplement my load out for a PST assignment in Berlin. I still have it. Thanks to my doc and my wife, it fits again!

I bought a level IIA American Body Armor and Equipment vest few years ago because I was bored. I have never worn it other than to piss off my wife.
I think I paid about $100 for it. It's probably about 50 years old

I'm thinking about shooting it to see if it works

Are you going to be in it when you shoot it???
Oh hell no.

When I first got it I had my son punch me in the chest.
With the trauma plate smacking into my chest it hurt worse than if he had hit me with no vest.

There was a story posted either here or THR about a father and son Darwin Award team .
The father had his son forcefully stab him with a knife to see if the vest would stop a blade.
They don't

me too

Bought it at a gun show, and I bought it cuz it matched my shoes!! Heck if I could buy, or afford, an m198 howitzer I would!!

Former LEO with one checking in. I just hold on to it for SHTF purposes. It's about 10 years old, but wasn't worn much. It should still be OK, since it's hanging in a climate-controlled closet and never sees the outside world. It may not be perfect, but it would be better than nothing.

Why for? Well, SHTF is one reason I suppose. Another is because I'd rather be better prepared than the next guy. Oh, here's a good one - they are supposedly trying to ban sales to civilians, so get one while you can - and I did. :)

I have a ProMax Level II. It also has a rifle plate in it rated to stop a .308.

I have been doing armed security type jobs and have worn it now and then especially when I was guarding ATM techs.

I just wish I had spent a couple more hundred dollars and bought the lighter weight model as the one I have now is a bit uncomfortable and really restricts your movement.

I live in NYS and i'm pretty sure it's illegal for non LEO/military to have any of that here. So no, i dont have one :)

Back