how many magazines do you have?

If I have to take a gun off before going in somewhere, I don't want to fiddle with getting 5 or 6 mags out of pouches and off my belt.
Well I also don't carry 5 or 6 magazines on my person for a carry gun (I will also say that I have never heard of anyone that does) but on the rare occasion when I am forced to disarm to go in to some place that prohibits my firearm, I still keep my back-up magazine on me. It most certainly isn't a firearm of any manner and I don't care about their opinion, I follow the law.

I have 4-6 mags per pistol, with the exceptions being the 1911 and Hi-Power (8 mags each). I have the minimum of 4 for my HKs as they try to murder you on factory mags! Other than OEM mags, the only others I generally use are Mec-gar and Wilson Combat.

One in the pistol and 1-2 on the side for carry.

I feel good with 3. But my S&W shield has 6, my Berettas share 7 or 8, 1911s have I think 12, and my ARs share around 20. The more the merrier!! If I see a magazine for one of my guns on sale I'll usually buy it.

Depends....

For my normal carry piece, the FNH FiveseveN I carry one magazine in the gun plus FIVE MORE 20 rounder's fully stocked, for a total of 120 rounds.

I carry FIVE (5) 20 round magazines in addition to the starting 20+1 rounds in the FNH FiveseveN pistol. My ammo is a mix of uploaded AE 40 grain FMJ making 2,000 FPS, and Hornady V-max 40 Grain making just over 2,000 fps.

For a couple of pocket .380s I have, I get by with two mags each. Every other gun I might carry, I have a minimum of 4 mags. I don't know how many mags I have for my 1911s, maybe 50 or 60, but then I have more than just a couple of 1911s. :)

For carry guns, at least 10.. 5 are practice mags, 5 for carrying (not all at the same time). Same thing for speed loaders. All are marked and numbered

Usually, 4+ mags for all my autos, 2 speed loaders minimum for my revolvers. I don't count speed clips. I only use them if I have to, but it's not important to me.

I did a mag inventory a while back...at least more than three per handgun:

to be continued...

Last edited:
4 for my shield
4 for my 669
2 for my p22
2 for my p32
2 speed loaders for my M-10
3 speed loaders for my 637

I am most prone to carry my shield or my 637 but every once in a while I break out the 669. Unfortunately I don't get the opportunity to carry much anymore as I work a ton of hours so my shield is with me the most in my car safe.

Hey Rock, thanks. My wife walked in and saw your pics. Now she knows I'm not crazy. Her words, OH MY GOD!!! I said, see, you can never have too many mags.

My minimum is . . .

For my carry guns the minimum would be two magazines. One in the gun and a spare. This would include:

Sig P238 five mags (Usual carry gun)
Beretta Pico two mags (Just got this, will probably carry it some.)
Taurus PT22 three mags (Almost never carry)
Springfield XDE six mags (Two came with gun and got the special offer that
sent me four more, a holster and a mag carrier. Haven't carried this gun yet.)

Range and HD guns no minimum.
Beretta FS92 two fifteen round, one eighteen round, one thirty round.
Rock Island 1911 45 acp three mags.
Buckmark Contour 7.25 two mags

Rifles no minimum
Mossberg Plinkster only one mag
Ruger 10/22 four ten round rotary mags, two banana ten round mags, two banana 25 round and one banana 50 round.
S&W AR 15 three 30 round mags

Life is good.
Merry Christmas
Prof Young

Last edited:
While I’m back east for the holidays, I plan on picking up a few Magpul 17 rounders for my G-17 and a few 16 rounders for my CZ 75B.

i like to have at least 10 mags per gun....

i use 3 for my EDC, and then rotate out the mags at the 1st of every month..

and then use the other mags for range time practice..

Back