how many magazines do you have?

unless you are smart enough not to get a gun with a magazine disconnector
I took that into consideration while shopping for my pistol. I passed on a few reputable gun brands/models because of the disconnect. I chose a lesser known brand with the features I wanted and couldn't be happier.

I'm a big stripper clip fan for firearms that accept them.
I hadn't thought about the stripper clips. I don't have any for my Mauser. I only shoot it once or twice a year. It's a 1917 Gewehr 98. Severely bubba'd sporter, but matching number original parts with the exception of the bolt. It's been in the family for a long time supposedly brought back from Germany by my great uncle.

I try to have a few extra mags for all my pistols. Depending on how available they are. Probably a dozen or so 1911 mags, maybe the same for Beretta 92. 5 or 6, including one hunting legal 10 round for my Glock 20. The only one I can think of off hand that I have just one mag for is a Colt Woodsman.
I would rather load up several mags at home before I go to the range than spend my shooting time filling magazines.
If your question is how many spare mags do you have to carry with your CCW gun, I generally don't. Maybe one when all I carry is my LCP, or CM9. Or a speed strip with 5 rounds for my LCR.

I have many; Shooting Times, American Rifleman, Guns, etc. Including many from back in the 70's and 80's.

Three per gun though.

Isn't ANYONE going to chime in with their story of what they paid for surplus GI 1911 magazines at gun shows in the '50's, '60's and '70's???
50 6c 65 61 73 65 20 64 6f 6e 27 74 20 66 65 65 64 20 74 68 65 20 61 6e 69 6d 61 6c 73 2e 20 20 54 68 65 79 20 73 70 72 65 61 64 20 64 69 73 65 61 73 65 2e

I like to have at least one ...any more is just Lagniappe !

" Is six enough...is twelve too many ? " Guess what movie this line is from.

My minimum is 3 magazines.

My 'target' is whatever number allows me to load an entire 50 round box. Admittedly, this means 7 magazines for some guns, and I have a loose round left over.

But, 3 is my minimum [except my Femaru M37, where mags are over $150 for original ones- I've got 2 and am ok there].

Depends on the gun. If it's something not serious and just for my collection, 1 magazine is fine. If it's for social work, I learned long ago that 3 is the magic number. If you have two magazines and you lose one or it busts, then you're down to one mag. If you have three and something happens to one, you have two.

It's the old "two is one, one is none" thing.

So, 3 is my minimum, 5 is my ideal number.

For revolver speedloaders, I don't really care for them. One is fine, after that I'll rely on speed strips and a two round speed reload.

Each one of my Pistols and Revolvers gets it's own Midway OD Green Pistol Case. They have pouch's for 7 Magazines under the Flap on One side. Plus one in the Gun totals Eight Minimum.
I shoot ICORE Revolver Match's. I have Safariland Comp III speed loaders in the magazine pouch's of Revolver Cases. Plus some additional Comp III's and HKS for Load and Make Ready in the zipper pouch on the other side. I have between 12 and 15 HKS Speed Loaders for my 617 S&W 22 LR.
I only have 2 Speed Loaders for my SP101 in 22 LR due to the fact that I am not all that impressed with what is available for it. I do however have several Speed Strips in 22 LR for it.
If you do not need several speed loaders or magazines for your handgun, you are not shooting nearly enough. :)

Bob

For my Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite I have 12 magazines, They are arranged in two sets, one for competition and one for practice. If the competition mags go bad during a match I just switch to my practice magazines..

For my Ruger Mark III Hunter I only have 9 magazines at this time. All are working well.

I like to have a minimum of 3 for each pistol. 1 in the gun fully loaded and two to carry for back up if needed.

I "require" at least 4 for each gun. I "like" and therefore have 6 per gun. I never actually carry more than 2 extra mags or speedloaders. If I have to take a gun off before going in somewhere, I don't want to fiddle with getting 5 or 6 mags out of pouches and off my belt. I know a few guys personally that carry 4 or more mags on them, I think they're nuts, but it's their life.

For my carry gun I keep 3. For everything else 2 is the minimum. If you have something rare you are going to keep and shoot I would get several in case they are hard to find.

Back