How many guns this year?

Maybe zero -- unexpectedly having to buy a replacement car depleted my gun fund temporarily

Probably one -- a .22 semi rifle, Mossberg Blaze or Plinkster, Marlin 60.... inexpensive enough that I can probably buy one of them in a lean year

Possibly 2-3, though unlikely. And if so, it's possible one is going to be a pistol for my stepdaughter

There are several other guns I want....XD mod2, Ruger or Kimber 1911, Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine, XDm compact, Ruger LCP....but they probably aren't happening this year.

Girlfriend is getting on my case about a vacation this summer... Looks like one less gun for me this year :(

There's a lot of guns I want but I am way behind on stocking up on accessories, mags, and ammo.

I need to get:

A weapon light, looking at the Streamlight TLR-1 HL
An optic for the AR, probably Primary arms md-ads
AR Mags
Glock mags
A red dot for my 22/45
I need to thread my Remington 700 barrel
I need to upgrade my Remington 700 stock, probably the magpul on, with detachable magazines bottom metal
Then I will have to stock up on 308 mags
And ammo and reloading components for everything.
Oh yeah I want to get a 300 blackout short barrel upper for my sbr
I would also like to get a 20" 556 upper

That's most of it.

I never plan on buying guns, it just sort of happens.

For instance, I bought a "200th year" Security six this year, and just last night I had to put a "200th year" Blackhawk on lay-a-way. Both are .357's. Couldn't be helped.

I think some of the darn things actually come looking for me. ;)

Not planning but . . .

Forum Followers:
I don't plan on a specific number but so far this year I've bought three. However I've sold two. I don't really have a number that I want to keep, but if I don't use a gun or have pretty much gleaned the fun of using it I pass it on. One thing is changing. The number of guns in my safe that I consider "forever keepers" has grown.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

Well still working on putting together a spare upper. All parts are on the bench or on the UPS slo-train.
2015 was my AR year in preparation for the political storm of 2016... Looks like it's right on schedule. The upper materialized just because I wanted something longer than a carbine.
My soul mate, she keeps urging me to buy more, but I'm the hesitant one.
I'm sure once a completed upper is laying around, another lower may come to live with it. I keep saying that I'm done.

Just picked my third since January 1st, EAA SAR k2p 9mm, Taurus pt911 9mm and my latest a Diamondback DB380 .380. The SAR is such a sweet gun for under $300.

So far 1 AR-15 build in the process. Planned for this year:

Must
- another AR-15 build around $1000
- Walther PPQ M2 45 ACP
- S&W 686 3-5-7 TALO

Maybe
- Glock 43
- Something nice in 22LR, bolt action, semi or a match pistol.
- Another .327 Ruger might make it on the list

Here my wish list for 2016:

scorpion evo (to become an SBR)
SIG MPX (to become an SBR)
SIG MPX-C
SIG MCX
HK MR556
AR15 in 300blk SBR (poject already in progress)
build an AR15 (no idea which specification)
buy an AR15
AR15 plus a Benelli plus a handgun all prepared for 3 gun
FN SCAR 16 or 17??
Ruger mini 14
Springfield M1
Some kind of AK
IWI Galil

Probably I'm not going to buy all of them as per each rifle I have to buy a pair of Laboutine or Jimmy Choo to her majesty my wife.

I bought two this year - a LMT MRP set up as a 18" DMR rifle and a Colt Wiley Clapp Government model 1911.

I don't have any plans to buy anything new anytime soon. There are a couple of S&W revolvers that I'd buy if the right one pops up, but they might not for years.

I plan on buying zero guns this year. I have guns I bought last year that I have yet to even shoot!

Plans are one thing though, reality another.

I personally have not acquired a new gun since 2013. I've got most of the important categories checked off.

But my wife selected and purchased her first gun in 2015. :) It's a stainless and black Ruger SR22P.

Back