How many guns this year?

Glockstar .40

Hey y'all! how many guns do you plan on buying this year? I made a deal with the wife i'd only buy 4 :confused:..Just picked up a Glock 20 (10mm) yesterday. I'd like to pick up a century arms C39 v2 at some point. I'm not sure what else. So how about you? Bought any this year yet? Any ideas on your next purchase?

Since Jan 1st just one. I picked up 3 last year so I am going to limit myself to the one this year....that is my intention anyway.:)

1. I only plan on buying a single gun, if I can find the right one. If I can't find the right one, I dont have any other guns planned.

If course... very few of my guns are planned.

I probably won't buy any because I can't get my wife to stop buying them. In the last 6 months she has bought a Sig 238 .380 Auto, a Ruger Single 10 .22 LR and today she bought a Sig 1911 C3 .45 ACP with crimson trace laser grips. And she is already talking about her next purchase. I've been reduced to her personal reloader.

One.

I don't know what it will be, yet.
But I only plan on buying one.

That doesn't necessarily include guns that I build from parts, though... ;)
Under the "build" category, an aluminum "80%" 1911 frame is the current favorite.

I just got a Sig Legion P229 9mm. I bought a bunch last year and probably won't repeat this year. Last year was a PPK,P227,P938,P320C,Nightmare 1911,Spartan 1911 and another Bushmaster AR. I really like 1911s in 9mm. I don't have a Sig or a Colt in that caliber. I would buy either or both if I could find them.

So far this year, I have bought 1 gun, and only because it was a stupid good price (Russian 380 Makarov for $75, rough condition, mechanically sound).

I would like to pick up a new single stack 9mm, but I'm picky, so I don't know what I would want. At this point, I'm thinking about a Kahr TP9

When I turn 21 later this year, I'll probably buy a compact CZ 9mm to compliment my full size.

I had to buy one for my classes as a .30-06 is our final project in school. Not sure if that counts.

Beyond that, I don't plan on buying any unless I get an idea for a gunsmithing project. I'd like to complete at least another build or two, but that will be from parts kits and hopefully from non-FFL receivers (we'll see how well that works out)

3-5. I only have 1 shotgun so I am looking at getting 2 more. At minimum 1 rifle or 2 pistols if i can figure out what I want. One pistol w likely be cz75 the other may be a ruger redhawk in 45c/45acp but I also want a pistol with an integrated mount ie m&p core but have not found one I like that's worth the price. The kahf is about $1000 if you can find it.

Not sure where I will wind up this year, but I've already picked up one rifle, one shotgun, and put $50 on a revolver yesterday, all of them used.

Last year was an excessive year, I purchased 14 long guns and three handguns, but four of those were gifts for my sons.

At this rate I may surpass last year, but if I do I think maybe I'd better get a little help. At least in the form of a couple band aids and some aspirin when the 'boss' gets done with me! :p

1 definite , couple maybes

I'm definitely going to get a nice bolt action .22. Maybe an AK, maybe another 1911. And any pre lock smiths that I come across for decent prices.

Can't say! One so far (CZ .22), a Ruger 10/22T this coming week (most of my shooting limited in time, so at my own indoor single lane range-.22 and light loads in .38, 9mm). I have bought three scopes in January, and why three? I want the experiment with what I like best on the CZ (mannlicher stock), first for traditional looks and optics second.

Long story but, a friend of mine gave me a case of factory 9mm last week. I haven't owned a 9mm in 40 years but what are ya gonna do. Talked to my LGS a couple of days later and have a Shield coming. It isn't my fault but it's been thrust upon me. Other than that I don't plan on any more guns this year but I am going to finish my long range rifle project.

One carry pistol, and another upper for sure. Maybe a lower and another upper. Lol.
2014-2015 was my biggest period for amassing firearms and ammo. So who knows what 2016 brings.

I'm only buying one.
1. SW mod 27
1. Henry 45 colt
1. 1911 which 1 I haven't decided
1. 7mm-08 possibly a Savage
So just one for me

Last edited:
Back