How does it feel?

Three come to mind :
1.) 1911 AMT Hardballer - 45 acp
2.) S&W model 58 - 41 magnum
3.) Ruger Blackhawk (three screw) - 357 magnum

I will admit to being a unrepentant firearms fondler, who uses the guise of
" I'm cleaning it ! "

Gary

Since the CZ75 is so popularly a favorite in the way it feels. Does anybody know if the SP-01 feels any different than a 75 B? Or how different the PCR, P-01 and 75 compact feel from the full size B model?

For me it’s my CZ 100, CZ P-01 with G10 thin grip panels, and Bersa Thunder 380 Plus. As for a handgun I have yet to buy but I have fallen in love with, the HK VP9/VP9SK has a pretty good feel to it as well.

YES CZ'S. And all of my CZ'S! I don't have any of the polymer CZ'S just the steel & alloy one's.

P.S. That right,the P-38,Baretta 85F don't have one but the P-08 Luger.

Last edited:
Well...

Any K frame S&W revolver and any Colt or Ruger single action.

Then any 1911 (though a arched msh works best for me.) The Browning Hi-Power.

tipoc

I have 3 that just feel perfect to me.

Ruger Mark's
S&W J-frame with boot grips

I'll give an honorable mention to my SIG P938, but it's really just a mini 1911.

Springfield XD Mod2
Ruger Service Six w/Hogue Monogrip
Steyr M/L9 which I don't have yet but might be my next purchase.

1911 for me and for some unknown reason the P-38.
I was going to say the exact same thing ...1911 and Walther P38 !
Great minds think alike , it's also interesting how many times you see 1911 in this thread....John Moses hit a home run with this design .
Gary

Hands down, the venerable Browning Hi-Power, is the best in my hands, but the location and extension of the thumb safety is harder to use than any 1911.

A close, but definite 2nd is either version of the 1911. With an arched mainspring housing, I tend to shoot it a bit better at speed, but either feels correct in the hand.

And...while I love the 'feel' of any Luger or Ruger Standard model .22, for that matter, both shoot low for me, and are tougher to maintain a consistent grip. It seems that either leaves my wrist in an neutral position, ie. not flexed up or down, and that doesn't work as well, if that makes any sense?

YMMV, Rod

Both in terms of how it feels in the hand, as well as how it functions, for me it's my S&W 1911SC-E roundbutt. It's your basic perfect.

And now in no particular order: S&W M&P9 2.0 (the med.large backstrap feels custom made for my hand)

S&W Model 19

SIG P229 (once I installed the SRT kit)

0pChMBll.jpg

I love shooting revolvers and my favorite is my new 929 from S&W. With the 6 inch barrel it is perfectly balanced for my hands. This is the gun I shoot Steel Challenge with as well as now shooting .22s out of my modified Ruger Mark IV 22/45.

My hand, and yours, will conform to whatever shape gun grip I put in it. There are obvious limitations on size, some are simply too big, or too small to shoot well. But other than that I have no preference.

I have my favorites and if I'm spending my money that is what I'll buy, but how the grip feels isn't a factor. If someone else were furnishing a gun for me to use I'd adapt to the gun and master it.

Back