How does it feel?

The two that melt in my hand and fit perfeccly is a Browning HP with custom G10 grips and CZ (all of the 75/85 series I own along with the P01). I guess another interesting one that just feels right is my Steyr M9-A1...

ROCK6

For me it's a 1911 (flat MSH and thin grips), S&W 642 with factory boot grip, S&W 39 and Kahr pistols. Though I wear a large glove my stubby finger don't work well with double stack pistols and with even a K frame Smith & Wesson I need an exposed backstrap. I envy the guys who hands fit a S&W N frame.

Springfield XD Service has always felt great, especially compared to Block. Original Smith M&P also. New SIG 320 Compact pretty good as well.

1911 and BHP are my two favorites.

And, gasp, #3 for me is a Gen 4 Glock 17 with medium beavertail. It feels like my hands were the basis for the design.

I think the reason the 1911 has such wide appeal is because it was the first handgun to have its "modularity" exploited with replacement grips, beavertails, mainspring housings, etc.

While most guns could have minimal changes made to the size and shape of the grip, the 1911 could be easily customized in a number of ways, and only in the last few years have plastic-framed guns jumped on the bandwagon, mostly via interchangeable backstraps.

A "1911" with slim grips, flat mainspring housing and short trigger might be the perfect fit for one person, but that wouldn't make me as happy as G.I. grips, arched housing, and long trigger.

The Walther CCP feels good, and I remember a H&K USP Compact felt really good, when I handled it fifteen years ago, but neither gun can be altered much, so someone else might not like either one.

The Browning HP is good, but I prefer a long, oval shape, like the 1911 to the HPs more square frame.

One gun that is always lauded for its "natural pointing" is the Luger, but I find it very strange.

I'm of the opinion that grip feel & fit is of prime importance,,,
I've never understood how people can order a gun without ever handling it.

It doesn't matter how well the gun is made or what it's specs are,,,
If it doesn't feel good in my hand I immediately put it back down.

Having said that I have three guns that fit me extremely well:
CZ-75B
Beretta 85
Bersa Thunder UC Pro

I will say that the CZ-75B is about as large a semi as I can handle,,,
It's grip shape however fits me so well I can shoot it well.

On the other extreme I can't get any kind of good grasp on a full-size Beretta 92.

Aarond

Feel

Two guns. Both John Browning designs.
The Hi-Power and the 1911. The first time that i handled them I said o myself: "I gotta get one of these."
Pete

CZ-85B that I own with CZ Custom aluminum grips.

I also like the Bhp, but unfortunately do not own one.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

For me, it's my Llama large frame 1911 ('60s era). There's no mystery as to why; I made the grips myself and spent two days sculpting them to perfection.

Back