How does it feel?

exit30

Inactive
Another "just for fun" thread. Does anyone else just really love the way a certain gun feels in your hand? All innuendos aside, I really like how my 1911 feels when I grip it. Ugh, okay, now i hear it, this thread is going to generate a good amount of sarcasm. Either way, I stand by my conviction...I like the way my gun feels when I hold it. Okay, let loose the hounds.

Feel is one of the reasons I have as many 1911s as I do. No other pistol feels as good or points as naturally in my hand. And, even among them I have some that feel better than others.

Whew...thought I was the only one. :) I have another 9mm that just doesn't feel good to the touch, it is now in the For Sale case at my local range.

Yeah, I'm with ya on that.
For me, it's a 1911 with an arched MSH, CZ75, CZ 75 PCR, the CZ P10, and the H&K VP9.

I like the feel of all of my pistols. It is part of the selection process. That being said, my S&W M&P 22 compact feels like an extension of my hand. It seems exceptionally accurate(after ironing out some wrinkles) and I believe the feel in my hand is a big part of that. The trigger is predictable and easy to learn and stage. If I ever take the plunge on a center fire striker fired auto, it might be an M&P because of this experience.

Last edited:
For feel good fit in my hand, my favorite is one of my Beretta M1934s and my M1935. They just feel so right. My Sig P238 Spartan with 7 round mag with a pinky extension is a close second.

I have several that feel really good when I put them in my hand.

Top of my list for comfort has to be my CZ SP01. Hard to explain it but for me it's like saying "Yea" in a pleasant tone when I grip that gun. Next would be my Ruger GP100 or my Ruger Super Redhawk. They both have the same Hogue grip on them and feel really good to me. Heavy, Powerful and "grippy". There are others but for me, those are the stand outs.

I switched to the M&P line several years ago initially because they feel good in my hand.

All of them I have owned from FS to the Shield feel like they are custom made for my hand and I find them accurate and reliable.

There are others that have tempted me but usually at a much higher price than I can get a gun for that I know I will continue to be happy with long after the purchase.

Most people are going to think I'm crazy but full size or mid size glock frame fits me perfect. I love the aggressive rake to it.

My VP9 feels really great and points just like a finger.

My Kahr MK9 and Makarov are decent.

I've always been impressed by the grips on the M&P grip size display, but I've never gotten around to shooting one.

Several pistols have that special feel to me; Beretta 84 with Farrar grips, HK P30, Sig 232 with Nill grips and my sentimental favorite the Colt Woodsman.

Back