How big is your "arsenal?

I'm still adding to the collection, however I have a list with an end goal in mind. I'm also a fan of "two's" for most items so I have a backup for competition & carry items, to allow for maintenance/failures. I don't hunt, and everyones needs/wants are different. I'm more of a minimalist and a fan of redundancy, and this list works for me.

When complete:
(1) X Desert Tech SRS-A1 in 6.5 Creedmore for long range.
(2) X FN PS90's
(2) Full size - M9A3 & M9A1
(1) Compact - M9A1 compact in Inox
(2) CC - 2 X Beretta 85FS's
(1) Pocket - Beretta Pico
*So a total of three rifles and six pistols.

I also would like to add a FiveseveN and 5.56 however for me these are not on the must have list, although they will likely end up in the safe. I doubt the collection will grow larger than this without something being sold in exchange.

Last edited:
Rickyrick noted
I'm terrified to know the real numbers of some of these folk's collections.
I'm aware of one collector that has approx 1,000. He's a successful professional, no kids, never sells a gun, and been doing it for 50+ years.

Don't know if that's 'alot' by some here, but it's the largest I've heard of in one person's hands.

There are a few guns on my wish list, but really I have enough to keep me content and busy for now. I enjoy hunting, even though I don't get out near as much as I used to, and it's easy to wind up with a different gun for each type of game or style.

My daughter is 12 now, and one of these days I'll have to start thinkin' about getting her trained and set up with her own set of "essential" guns. That would include a shotgun, centerfire rifle, pistol, and a .22.

5 CF rifles
2 rimfires
2 shotguns
1 combination rifle
1 44m revolver
1 22lr revolver
1 22lr pistol
1 9mm

due to laws here I got 18points to a 20 max before I have to upgrade security (no basement in my house and would need to heavily reinforce to have a walk in safe)
so I have to think hard about what to get next, hard to choose what to keep if I want to get other stuff now (I have changed alot previously but not in the last year)

Honestly I have no idea but i have 3 safes and 2 gun lockers full and I don't think I could squeeze anything else in them..The only two people who know exactly how many I own would be my wife and my insurance man and that is because once a year I have to give my wife a list of what I bought and sold off in the previous year so she can update the insurance I carry on them but I've warned her if she ever gives me the total number I'll go on a shopping spree till I forget again how many I actually own and she not willing to deal with that:):):):):):)

Can't recall where I read it, but stats say gun ownership is way up. But, only about 3% of us own 17 or more guns. Hmmmmm . . . . .

Life is good.
Prof Young

Can't recall where I read it, but stats say gun ownership is way up. But, only about 3% of us own 17 or more guns. Hmmmmm . . . . .
"Three percent ... own half of the guns in the U.S."

I think most members of this forum are "three-percenters". (Eight or more guns, according to the author of the article that is now everywhere.)
I am.

The slightly twisted and unsupported statistic that I like the most, though:
The U.S. is supposed to have half of the legally-owned civilian firearms in the world.
"Three-percenters" own half of those.
So we own 25% of the legal civilian firearms in the world.

...We need to boost those numbers a bit. ;)

But how do they know . . . ?

Frank:
Our discussion is causing me to wonder. How do they know that three percent of us own so much? They'd have to be doing surveys. Not supposed to be records kept by most state police. IL law enforcement is not supposed to be keeping records.

Can you aim me at that article again?

Hmmmm . . .

Life is good.
Prof Young

Back