Hollow point Bullets a Waste of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing a good bit of research and thinking about the usefulness of hollow point bullets, and the premium defense loads we all pay so much money for.

Master Blaster, how much hunting have you done? If you did hunt, you would see the effectiveness of mushrooming ammunition. In my state, Alabama, it's even illegal to hunt deer with FMJ bullets because they are more likely to wound a deer than to kill it. I seriously doubt there would be many, if any, deer hunters here who would use FMJ ammunition if it were legal. In fact, I'd like to hear some actual deer hunters tell me that they wish it were legal to hunt deer with FMJ bullets. I don't expect to hear from any because it would simply be too silly. It seems no less silly to me that someone would prefer FMJ ammunition for personal defense, yet some of you fellers keep insisting on it, and try to convince others to do the same.

If a string majority of all our neighboring police forces,FBI agencies and other security forces private and civilian have the confidence in carrying said hollow points.Then I believe I can't be to wrong in my trust my Cor Bons will perform,undoubtedly as tested in various labs,with the regards I place the shot at the most center mass of said target.Hollow points for self defense,FMJ for range plinking.SAFE-SHOOTING!

Gel testing isn't everything, but it isn't irelevant either.

San Diego PD looked at the results from over 150 shootings w the 147 9mm and found it tracked the gel very close. About 13/.60 in the gel and real people.

Determine how much penetration you want, use the gel results to find ammo that does that much under the conditions you are concerned about.

Most PDs use JHPs because they do open up more often than not, bigger holes are better holes, and they reduce liability from ricochets/overpenetration (when it happens; it does happen, and it happens less w JHPs).

are most defensive shooting scenarios most of time not bare gelatin...but clothing, forearm bones, couch cushions, storm doors, etc....

when the hp are recoved in real shootings is there data showing if they expand at all??

I think you may have set a new record by reopening a 14 year old thread

It's generally accepted hollowpoints are the best choice for self defense, whether they perform as desired 100% of the time, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back