Henry rifles-any good or not ??

Again:

The rimfire Henry leverguns use the same sophisticated injection-molded Zamak 5 alloy in both the internal (actual) receiver & the external receiver cover.

On the "black" covers of the basic entry level rimfire models a dark coating is applied.
On the brass-toned Golden Boy models the cover is nickel-plated, then the brass-colored surface is applied, and that surface gets a clear coating.
On the silver-toned Henry rimfire levergun models the covers are nickeled & obviously the brass coating is not applied.

No rimfire Henry receiver or cover is brass.
No steel is used in any Henry rimfire levergun receiver or receiver cover.

The brass centerfire leverguns use a bronze/aluminum alloy that's hardened sufficiently to easily handle the pressures of the calibers used in each model.
Those receivers are cast.

The steel centerfire leverguns use a forged 4140 steel receiver.
Denis

Again:

The rimfire Henry leverguns use the same sophisticated injection-molded Zamak 5 alloy in both the internal (actual) receiver & the external receiver cover.

On the "black" covers of the basic entry level rimfire models a dark coating is applied.
On the brass-toned Golden Boy models the cover is nickel-plated, then the brass-colored surface is applied, and that surface gets a clear coating.
On the silver-toned Henry rimfire levergun models the covers are nickeled & obviously the brass coating is not applied.

No rimfire Henry receiver or cover is brass.
No steel is used in any Henry rimfire levergun receiver or receiver cover.

The brass centerfire leverguns use a bronze/aluminum alloy that's hardened sufficiently to easily handle the pressures of the calibers used in each model.
Those receivers are cast.

The steel centerfire leverguns use a forged 4140 steel receiver.
Denis

And they are durable, accurate, silky smooth and have a lifetime warranty. I don't care what they are made of and I will buy another when my grandson becomes an Eagle Scout and I give him mine. I was in the car business way back when they started using plastic parts instead of metal. The "experts" predicted disaster like "gun experts" now bash guns made of materials they don't approve of.

Amazing how much dis-information is out there regarding Henry rifles. There are no plastic parts on any Henry, and for those who have earlier tiny caliber guns, Henry will send you free of charge metal bands and sights to replace those plastic parts.

Not really any disinformation. Times change and so did the materials used in the guns Henry makes. The biggest problem is responding to and raising a zombie thread instead of starting a new thread.

I talked to a tech at Henry a month ago and he said they haven't used plastic parts on their guns in the last eight years.

There are several recent threads on Henry rifles on this site without dragging up the dead.

Isn't this thread like 5 years old?

At any rate, my father bought my son a Henry a couple of years ago. Very nice gun, fun to shoot. I later bought a S&W M&P 15-22.

The M&P 15-22 gets shot about 10x more often by him.

My Henry Big Boy Steel 357

I recently purchased a Henry 357 steel and I am very happy with it. What I like: looks great, very nice wood for the stock (better than the Marlins that I saw in the gun shop), not to heavy for my wife to shoot, seems pretty accurate (I use Skinner peep sights), VERY nice trigger and made in the USA. What you have to be careful of: it is fussy on what ammo you use, Magtech FMC-Flat shoots and feeds pretty well, Magtech cowboy action lead flat shoot well and feed poorly and the Magtech lead round nose shoot and feed very well (however I would like to try some jacketed round nose before committing to a case of ammo). What was not so good was it was "notchy" operating the lever when new so I followed my older brothers advice and operated the lever while watching TV and that has made it much nicer.

I would buy another Henry

Last edited:
I have a H001 that I picked up used for $200, added the Williams FP-GR-TK rear sight, front Henry .22WMR ramp and Lyman 17A globe.

Its a tack driver and so much fun to out shoot the guys at the range using a scope!

IMG_20151219_100940668_1.jpg

IMG_20151219_100947267_TOP.jpg

Back