Henry rifles-any good or not ??

savagelover

been thinking of getting the grandsons each a henry rifle in 22 mag..can anyone of you guys tell me your experince with one .i have heard some good and some bad..of course if i get one i will have to get one for the other boys as well so thats a total 4 rifles...will probably have to wait until after christmas to get them...thanks men.....john

One guy at the range regularly shoots his Henry in 22 LR. He was bragging about the round count, it was multiples of 10,000 rounds.

He was happy, and it shot well at 50 yards.

I have a Henry lever action in .17hmr ,smooth action, quarter size groups at 50 yards with open sights. Does a ton of damage on varmints... I love mine looks good too!

You might want to consider getting the rifles in 22 Long Rifle rather than 22 Magnum. Ammo is much less expensive and the boys will get a lot more shooting for the buck.
Remember: As a grandpa, your job is to spoil the boys. Taking them shooting is one of the best (and most fun) things you can do.

I have a Henry 22 LR and I have had zero problems. I have put 2000-3000 rounds through mine. They make quality rifles and are suppose to have excellent customer service. I think the grandsons will enjoy these rifles for years to come.

I like mine but don't like the plastic bands around the fore-end and barrel and the front sight. I definitely agree with the recommendation to get the rifles chambered for .22 Long Rifle rather than .22 Magnum.

My Henry in .22lr is accurate, smooth as silk action, simple to break down and clean, and very nice looking when she is cleaned up. Very nice wood. I have actually taken the reciever cover off and touched up a couple spots on it before. I dont mind the plastic barrel band it shines up real nice too.

I have the Frontier model in 22lr.

Beautiful, well built and the most accurate 22 I have owned. It will be in the safe the day I kick the bucket. Love it.

I love it

My Henry .22lr is a dream to shoot. Nice trigger, smooth action, and very handy, even for an adult! It's good quality and finished nicely.
My rifle shot a little to the right when I got it (from a bench rest)... I just taped the rear sight over a little bit, and now it's dead centered.
The .22lr will hold 15 .22lr's, 17 (I think) .22 longs, and 21 .22 shorts. I really like the idea of it shooting all 3 loads. I'll probably never shoot longs out of it, but I'll shoot lr's and shorts out of it. Im with most of the others in that I think the .22lr is a better buy, especially for grandchildren. But I would like a magnum too :-)

Can't say as I've had many issues with my 22lr. Lots of fun, smooth action.

One thing I did learn...never put a dud round back in the tube for re-firing. Jams up the action with the little primer strike piece sticking out.

I only wish it had peep sights.

I've shot about 2500 rounds through my Henry in 22LR. No malfunctions and accurasy is superb!

Jack

Henry22.jpg

I bought my grandson a Henry .22LR for his 11th birthday. It was such a nice rifle I bought a .22mag for myself. That was over 3 years ago and neither rifle has ever had any problems. The stock was a bit long for my grandson so I wrote to Henry and they sold me the rear portion of their "Youth" model for a very reasonable price. He has since gone back to using the full sized stock...at 14 he is almost as tall as I am! I mounted a scope on mine, but the iron sights work just fine. I think the .22LR would be a better choice over the .22Mag, just because the ammo is cheaper, plus the rifle holds more rounds of the .22LR.

I see some comments about the plastic parts. I bought the frontier model (H001T?), which is all metal. I had one issue that I caused and Henry replaced a part (that *I* broke!) free. Unbelievable customer service.

It's my favorite rifle... my wife's favorite rifle... and now my son's favorite gun, period (he's five). We call it "Momma's gun."

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

great replies and I appreciate them..I have to say they are the only ones I have heard that says nothing but good things about them..I have heardthings about the receiver being made of soft steel and how they had to be sent back to the factory or whatever.
Are the receivers drilled for scope mounts or is it a grooved receiver?
And I guess I will agree about the 22LR instead of the 22 mag.
So tomorrow I am off to the dealer and see if I can get a deal if I buy the four of them....But don't tell grandma..lol Thanks again for the advice and the info......John;)

Back