Have you ever regretted trading or selling an old gun?

Not so much any more. Every gun I've bought or sold had a reason for it. I'm happy to part with something I'm done with and give someone else a good deal in the process. It frees up room in the safe.

I am the odd man out I guess. I've sold or gifted several guns in the last year or so and don't regret one of them. I will not list them because it would make some of you cry. I have just got to a point in my life that I have no one to pass them to, so, I've thinned the herd. What the heck, I'll go ahead and make some of you cry:

SOLD
Colt Trooper MK III in .22lr
Colt Detective Special
Colt Cobra (nickel, and I don't care for nickel)
S&W Model 19 4" barrel (nickel, and I don't care for nickel)
Ruger MK II
Springfield XDs
S&W 642

TRADED
Kahr K9
S&W Model 13 4" barrel

GIFTED
S&W Model 36 RB
S&W Model 36 SB

I got out of them what I paid for them (except for the gifted ones obviously), which for me is pretty good. I usually walk away from something quite a bit in the hole.

I can't think of any instance where I've bought or been given a gun that I've gotten rid of. Usually before I buy I do my due diligence in the research department before making the purchase & will only purchase it if I can envision myself keeping it forever.

I've sold and traded a number of guns, but the ones that really tug at my heart strings are:

Ruger Sexurity 6- 6" barrel. Sold because I thought it was too big- kicking myself like crazy.

Smith & Wesson 642- sold it to my LGS's wife because she is an absolute sweetheart, and thought I'd be ok without it. Regret it, but would never tell them about it.

Sig Sauer p250- not as strong as the other two, but it was a nice little OC/CC gun. Really good functional gun.

All were sold to fund other purchases. Would probably buy another one of each if funds allowed it, especially the Ruger.

I regret trading every gun but
I still do it.
I must be a sheep because I"m easily led.
I'll watch a video by Hickok45 and I was
suddenly hooked on Glocks. I had 2 G26's
2 G19's;a G21SF;a G34 and a G30SF.
I now own a G19.I saw another of his videos
and I now own a Mossberg 590A1 and an SR9C.

regret trading my daewoo k2 223/556 for my ruger gp100 s/s 6 in bbl,but today it is a revolver that i never part with.

remington model 742 woodsmaster. traded it instead of my model 710 remington for guilly suits and goose decoys. let the ridicule begin. lol

Ridicuke for this I think not:
"remington model 742 woodsmaster. traded it instead of my model 710 remington for guilly suits and goose decoys. let the ridicule begin. lol "

However the guys in the white coats will be there shortly.

Oh, yes. Regret selling a factory reconditioned Bicentennial (1976) Ruger Old Army; a Colt reissue of a Colt Navy, a fine target .22 rifle.....and more. Keep 'em, don't sell them.

No not really. I do kind of regret selling my S&W 640 but I couldn't see the sights or shoot it very well.

Wow, Started a list and then made myself sick.
1. Custon bench rest rifle 6mm PPC and all the gear needed to go out and compete.
2. Dan Wessons, several.
3. Supergrade Winchesters. Many sold.

I will stop there. I went through a period where I lost intrest in shooting. It came rushing back a few years back. I still have most of a 40 year collection, but what was I thinking.

Back