Has your significant other liked one of your guns, and it suddenly became "their gun"

My GF purchased her 1st three handguns on her own after I introduced her to shooting. She went from never having shot a firearm to raving maniac. I was with her each time but kept my mouth zipped until she had decided.

The only pistol she has ever "relieved" me of is my ultra-reliable P3AT. She decided that it was the easiest to carry for her, so she bought her own. When it had multiple FTE's, I was informed we'd be trading until I had it running right. Looking back, it was a pretty shrewd move on her part, as I carry that pistol when I go on my daily run. Having a j-frame rub me raw while I did 5 miles was enough incentive to get it fixed quickly.

I'm happy to report that old faithful is back in it's righteous place, but only after she had 50 trouble-free .380s thru the new one! Shes tough...

Heading that way

I got my wife a special edition vaquero in .45 for her 45th B-day. Too much recoil for her and she's recently been on me to trade my SP-101 ruger.

I think that is sue has already been decided.
If I ever want another home cooked meal.

Yeah via divorce--hope all works out for everyone here but I learned the hard way that one must contemplate all potentialities and make contingency plans accordingly. I had measures in place for theft, fire and the like but not for "unforeseen" vengeance and litigation...Of course, YMMV.

Happy Memorial Day and God Bless our Great Nation's Veterans.

And the other way around

So, my wife bought herself a DB9 today, but she works tonight. I'll just have to 'range test' for her, since it will be awhile before she can make it a range trip. Fits my pocket real nice.

Not married, however, years ago an old girlfriend of mine told me that I had to get rid of my guns if I wanted to marry her. :eek: I traded her for a different model.

I am not married, so if my girlfriend wants one of my guns she can wait till Christmas or her birthday and I will buy her one just like it. She wouldn't like it very much if I started claiming her things as my own, especially without her consent.

I almost forgot,,,

I almost forgot,,,
In the early 90's I worked out of town a lot,,,
My wife got scared when our neighbor went off his cookies,,,
We went looking and I bought a Ruger SP-101 for our bedroom gun.

She was somewhat anti-gun,,,
So a centerfire cartridge was out,,,
We settled on the .22 rimfire version.

She got the gun in the divorce,,,
Dang but I miss that little shooter!

Aarond

I lived with a wonderful woman, took her shooting. After about 10 visits to the range she took a real liking to my sig. She asked if she might keep it in her bed stand. I agree with two conditions, first was when she kicks me to the curb my Sig comes with me and second she couldnt ever shoot me with my own gun.:D:D

As a matter of fact, yes. My first 1911 I bought 30+ years ago was a Gold Cup. I eventually put some very nice stag grips on it. Then I hear my wife telling him how much she likes those stag grips on HER Gold Cup! Okay, I lived with that. By then I had other 1911's. Now flash ahead some years and we begin to do USPSA matches. The next thing I know is my Colt 9mm 1911 is now her gun and her match gun. Ok, I can live with that. She is competing in matches with me. No big deal and it's nice to compete together. Well, now she decides she likes my Les Baer and needs it for the matches! Oh well, she let me buy a nice Brazos STI High Performance Edge, so I can live with that. I do have to wonder how long before my STI is hers though.

Honestly, I would love it if my wife stole one of my guns. I can always get another and it means she enjoys shooting. Which is a goal of mime.

Hopefully its not the P30 though.....not a cheap one to get another of. :rolleyes:

Not yet. Still getting my wife familiar and accustomed to shooting. Shes come a long way, from being too nervous to shoot, now she gets excited about going to the range with me and I dont even have to load magazines for her.
She has taken a liking to the Ruger MK2 I got last month though. Shes a long ways from enjoying to shoot the 1911, and is mildly curious about the Sig 228. Thankfully neither really fit her small hands comfortably. We already figured out the one that she does like the feel of is a Browning Hipower.

21 years ago I bought a S&W model 10 4"
Wife and I took shooting lessons from the NRA type at the LGS
We both bought 65-5 357 Lady Smiths for ourselves
She still really liked the Model 10 so I transferred it to her and bought myself a GP100 4"
She liked shooting that also-full power 357s --She was 57 and 120 lbs

BUT she didn't get the GP 100

she hasnt taken any of my guns. however anytime i go to buy one she has to go so we can get her one too. out last purchase was his and hers sig P250's she got the sub compact. i got the full size. previously we got m&P 40C/9C. she hates the .40 S&W as it kicks like a mule she says. understandable. when i went to build my AR, she ended up getting one. when my AR got hydrodipped in realtree. hers had to be dipped in pink realtree. ive now gotten used to whatever i buy i have to get 2 lol

My wife's afraid of guns. She isn't antigun she's just afraid of them. I've tried to get her to shoot but she doesn't want to so I don't push it. That's ok though because it means more guns for me. The one time she tried to shoot a gun she closed her eyes and winced before pulling the trigger. I told her to stop, took the gun away and bought her some pepper spray the next day.

Back