Has Cabelas lost their minds?

I shop around and look for no haz fees on powder and primers. I do the math when I do shop at Cabela's. I'm stocked for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the Reno, Nevada Cabellas my neighbor tells me that they expanded the Fishing department and the Hunting department. They got rid of some of the clothing floor space in the process.

Having been back there a year or so ago, I would still opt for the Scheel's - THAT is a nice store

It's been about 18 months since I last bought primers at Cabella's. I was buying S&B primers for $22 a brick and I realized I had 34 bricks of SP on the shelf. At last count I have 19 sitting on the shelf. When I get to 10 I will start looking at sales on primers again.

I buy my primers at the Tulsa gun show. Last year I bought Armscor primers for 100.00 per 5k. I bought a 25k primers. 10k SPP... 10k LPP and 5k SRP

I will never pay 50.00 for 1k primers.

Was in Cabelas picking up some projectiles and went over to check out primers...OMG.... 49.99 for 1k Winchester LP primers. Same for LRP ... they lost my business.

Yep, that is how I am. If a store has one or two things on which I don't like the price, I will never shop there again. :rolleyes:

All they really want to sell is clothes, foot wear and Yeti coolers. That’s were the moneys at...;)

That said I bought many thousands of primers from them for $20/1000, before basspro bought them.

Bass pro sucks for reloading ... they gouge there customers

No, they do not. If you WILLINGLY pay their price, it is not gouging. If you do not like their pricing model and do not buy from them, then there is no gouging.

"Yep, that is how I am. If a store has one or two things on which I don't like the price, I will never shop there again." :D:D:D:cool:

Went to Cabelas to get Deer License today and they have moved all the primers and powder behind the gun counter. Not digging that but whatever, I bought the last thousand Remington 2-1/2 LPP they had: $31.99

Sorry I disagree.. when you set prices way above market price to take advantage of your customers...that's gouging.

Only a customer that does not know better would buy primers at that price.
There counting on an inexperienced customer to pay that....

Sorry I disagree.. when you set prices way above market price to take advantage of your customers...that's gouging.

Only a customer that does not know better would buy primers at that price.
There counting on an inexperienced customer to pay that....

If a customer WILLINGLY pays the asking price, it is NOT gouging, never was, never will be. If a customer, in this day and age of the internet can't make a few mouse clicks, that is on them.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QEkw6_O6w

Cabelas here in Cheektowaga has raised prices so high its pathetic. I stopped shopping there. MY local gun shop has better prices and more inventory. Maybe they are looking to get rid of reloading supplies and other gun related items. They raised the price of their Savage 12FV from 399.00 to 419.00.

If they are looking to make money to pay off debt, the high margins are on the name brand clothing, shoes and trinkets NOT on guns and ammo.

after equipment, set up, and components, its only after about 75 million rounds that you break even from just buying the ammo. LOL
If this is true you’re doing something VERY wrong. Either a very costly loading setup or getting factory loads for nearly nothing.

Back