Handguns... Our favorites

My favorite would also be my only safe queen, a 1961 Royal Blue 6" Colt Python. She's beyond beautiful. To quell the urge to shoot her, I have a 4" Royal Blue Python of 1974 vintage, and that easily sits in the number 2 slot.

My .44mag Anaconda, .22lr S&W 17-4 , and 9mm S&W 39-2 would round out the top 5, and in no particular order. All classics, all beautiful, and most importantly, all mine, lol.

Favorite all-around; Ruger SBH .44 rem mag 10" barrel
Favorite CC; Ruger LCR .38
Favorite home defense; Sig P250 with a mag full of critical defense rounds
Favorite plinker; Heritage Rough Rider

Back when I was a very young fellow, I read and researched and finally came to the conclusion that the Model 19 Smith & Wesson was the perfect handgun. So it was the first handgun I ever purchased.

Nothing in the next 40 or so years has come along to change my mind.

I don't own THAT model 19 anymore, but do own two of them.

Model 19 (no dash) S/N indicates it was shipped in 1961,

Model 19-4 from I believe 1978,

My new HK VP9. Trigger is amazing for factory trigger. So accurate that it makes even me a good shot. Reliable. Soft feeling recoil. Ergonomics are natural feeling and personal due to the interchangeable side panels and back strap. Easy to maintain. Reasonably priced, especially for an HK. Really great customer service if by chance that service is needed. I'm sure there are other reasons but those are my reasons. I can't wait to shoot it again this weekend.
After the VP9 is my HK 45C. It's just a great .45.

I have "favorites" depending on which caliber. I've consolidated to 9mm and 45acp and have my favorites and in some cases, multiples of said favorites....

9mm.......Beretta 92FS/M9, CZ75B, w. german SIG226, XD9 service
45acp....1911, w. german SIG220, XD45 service and Tactical

Back