Handguns... Our favorites

Kinda like choosing a favorite child. Well I expect it to change many times but right now it's my Tristar T-120. Just got some new grips and it feels dreamy!

026_zps1f058c95.jpg

+10million

I can't believe that everyone doesn't own a Tri-Star yet. masterpiece of a gun, comes in all sizes except sub-compact, the most reliable pistol I have ever owned. and a top of the line trigger to boot.

25yards, standing, rapid

Man...tough, tough, tough. My old Md 29 8 3/8" 44 Mag I really love. Several Sigs, the little Colt Mustang, the Ruger .22 Mark III. If I HAD to narrow it down to just one fave, I think it would have to be my old West German SIG P220.

Absolute buttery trigger, I really like the decocker DA/SA, very accurate, fits the hand like a glove. Way back in the early 90's, my buddy went for the flash and bought a .44 Desert Eagle. I went for the SIG P220 .45ACP. My poor-ass self at the time really had to scrimp and save for quite awhile to get it, but it will always be with me.

No where near the prettiest or priceyest handgun I own but the one that seems to fall to hand the easiest while being conference inspiring is my S&W M&P9 Pro Series CORE with Trijicon RMR.
It's just plain easy to use.

Same here Marine6680. I carry my sig226(40s&w/357sig) or one of my CZ's. Like the CZ,75BD or 75,compact(both9mm). Sometimes the P-01 or my big CZ,97B(45acp). I really like the sig but I got to say I just love my CZ's. I am thinking of adding a 40S&W caliber CZ but don't know what one to go with. Should I go with the P-06 or the full size CZ,75B in 40S&W? One thing I like about the CZ,75BD in 9mm is with 2 ex mag's I can carry 49 round's & with the 75,compact/or P-01 43 round's. With the Sig,226 in 40S&W/357sig it's 37 round's. I like the better firepower of the 9mm. More ammo is better IMO. And as good as I can shoot the Sig's heaver caliber(40/357) I can always shoot the 9mm better +plus I have more ammo.

It IS a tough question and the answer is subject to change regularly. Lately, Dan Wesson Valor 1911. It is exceedingly accurate and reliable. The smooth action, crisp trigger, fronststrap checkering, and slide devoid of company advertisement, makes it one of the best looking and handling handguns I've owned.

If angels carried handguns, they would
be the Browning Hi Power.

I see a number of responders have also been
touched by the heavenly.

Last edited:
Favorite overall handgun: Smith & Wesson 617, 10 shot with a 6" bbl
Favorite target handgun: See above
Favorite concealed carry: Ruger LCR 38spl
Favorite Home defense: Tie between my 9mm Stoeger Cougar and My 4" bbl S&W 686+

My favorite handgun to shoot is definitely my stainless Beretta 92FS 9mm. It's got almost no recoil and seems super accurate. I don't carry it because I don't like to open carry- I'm more of a CC kinda guy.

I've got it narrowed down to my Final Four, all guns I love dearly:
Sig P220 Stainless Elite
CZ75B Compact
Colt XSE Stainless
Sig P226 Enhanced Elite

In the first semi-final, the CZ takes on the Colt XSE. The Colt is everything I want in a 1911 and an absolute workhorse. However, the CZ has all the right upgrades from the boys at the CZ custom shop, and it is one sweet shooter and a real beauty. A stock CZ75, and the win maybe goes to the Colt. But here, the CZ advances to the next round.

In the other semi-final, the two Sigs go head to head. I'm one of those who ever-so-slightly favors the capacity of a 9mm over the extra power of a .45. But in this case, the sheer awesomeness of the stainless P220 cannot be overcome by the P226. P220 for the win.

CZ75b Compact vs. Sig P220. Torture. I love the aesthetics and ergonomics of my CZ more than any other gun. But the P220 is great here too, and it is just an absolute steady beast and such a pleasure to shoot. In overtime, the Sig P220 overpowers the CZ for the championship.

At least for today. Next week, maybe a different outcome! :rolleyes:

Asking what is my favorite handgun is like asking what is my favorite vehicle. There's no one favorite, but favorites for specific purposes.

My favorite plinker is a bull-barreled Ruger MKII with a very slick trigger and either a 40mm red-dot, 2X scope, or irons. Second is my 6" bbl S&W K-22.

Favorite carry gun is a Featherweight S&W J-Frame Bodyguard, but for country walks, a Beretta 87, .22LR; light and accurate.

Favorite defense handgun is a S&W M&P .45. It stays in the vehicle most of the time.

Favorite centerfire target gun is a Colt National Match Gold Cup .45. It's incredibly accurate and fun to shoot.

Favorite all-around centerfires are slicked-up Pachmayr S&W Mod 19s, a 2.5" and a 4". They sleep with me and are fun to shoot with mild loads.

After years of silhouette shooting and hunting with handguns, I don't own any heavy hunting handguns or single-actions right now.

My first big bore handgun Taurus 608ss 357 magnum 6.5" ported w/red dot. It holds 8 rounds.
I hand load max pressure and shoot all day. My friends think the gun is going to blow one day and probably will. I bet I have put over 10,000 rounds through it. Extension of my hand from 10ft to 200 yrds. I have shot over 1600 fps on down to 260 fps(lobbers). I go to the indoor range once in a long while and other shooters can't stand to shoot next to me.

"Favorite carry gun is a Featherweight S&W J-Frame Bodyguard, but for country walks, a Beretta 87, .22LR; light and accurate."

I've only seen pics, but that's still my favorite as looks go, just plain beautiful (to me).

In the following order:

Les Baer prowler IV para
Jojos para p14 loaded
Para black ops p14
Para pro custom p14

What can I say...when I go out to eat I always order the same thing. If it works why mess with it

I like Glocks. My favorites are my Glock Gen 3 19 and my Glock Gen 3 23.

For some reason I seem to shot Glocks better than other guns.

I also like that that are the same size so you can use the same holsters with either one of them.

Back