Hand Guns I wish I had kept

Just about every gun I've traded/sold off. The one exception was a Colt Gold Cup that just didn't cut it. It was no better cosmetically, not to mention functionally, than my Government Model.

My MODEL 941 .22 MAG. REVOLVER 8 shot with carved wood grips. That was some puppy and I can't remember when I got it so it must be at least older than dirt.
Doc

I've bought, sold, and traded, and bought again in some cases, dozens of guns. I can't say I even miss but one of them. That one was a Smith & Wesson 24-3, 44 Special, with a 4" barrel, box, papers, tools, etc. I really liked that gun, but was out of work and needed the money.

But they're just guns. No big deal.

I am a subscriber to cheapshooter's rule. I only own three guns right now but I don't think I'll ever purposely go out and sell them. At least if I buy them new. Unlike cars, I can store pistols quite easily. I like the idea of taking siblings and friends etc. out shooting and having dozens of firearms to let them try.

None so far. They all had a reason for going away.

All of them so far .... all the ones that left had a reason for going away, but that reason was insufficient funds for other things I wanted/needed more than what I sold or traded. .....wish I had just saved up the cash and kept them all ......

That would be Mina,,,

I made a low-ball bid (sheer boredom) on a S&W Ladysmith model 36,,,
It had a 3" barrel and came with very nice finger groove grips.

I was very surprised when I got the gun for only $325.00.

The thing was in near perfect condition,,,
Not a flaw on it anywhere,,,
But it had been fired.

leathersmith.jpg

Anyways I made the mistake of letting a lady friend shoot it,,,
She fell absolutely in love with the gun,,,
So I sold it to her for $375.00.

Dang but I wish I had kept it.

Aarond

I have only sold one gun. Late 70's. I am not sure what it was. The guy I bought it from said it was a Luger. It looked like an oversized PPK with a barrel sticking out the front as I recall. I was 16, and Mom said to "get that thing out of this house". Mom didn't mind the rifles, shotguns, and Dad's PPK:confused:. I was not happy. She wouldn't let my Dad keep it either. I made a good profit selling it.

As near as I can count them, I've sold/traded off some thirty or so handguns. These were mostly S&W and Colt double action revolvers, one Colt Gold Cup .45 auto. These went for money or trade on a gun I liked better. So if I had to give up the gun for which these went, no thanks.

Bob Wright

Public Defender - - -

Sometimes I wish I'd kept my public defender. It was becoming an HD safe queen and I had a hankering to buy another gun and need some $$$. Wrong. I think the public defender and others like it are good HD guns. (I know some will disagree - :-) Ah well, there are still plenty out there and I can get another some day.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

In my case, it got to the point that if I wanted to buy a new one, I had to sell one to fund it.

This tactic allowed me to own (in serial fashion) over 60 handguns in the last 25 years.

I only regret selling one or two of those, and in reality, if I missed them that much, I would just go back and buy another example.

For a while I went to gun shows a couple times a month. I bought stuff just to try and sometimes just handle it. I bought some with no intention of keeping for more than a couple months. I got bored with the casual buying and selling. It wasn't "me".

I haven't bought anything in the last 10 years that I didn't intend to keep for years.

There have been a few that I purchased... one was an 6" un-fired nickel Python with a 6" nickel Diamondback 22 (bank guns). Both guns were $1000. At the time, I really didn't want the Python, and sold it the very same day. Wish I would have kept the set intact, but I came out of it with a very inexpensive nickel Diamondback. Still own that Diamondback. A couple of years ago, I even sold the wood case they came in to a collector.

In general, I don't look back often on what I have owned or could have owned. I was strict on price then and I wouldn't buy something that was $50 over priced even if it was a $1000 gun. It was a fun ride over all.

Really only 1, tonfoglio tz75 with interchangeable barrels 9MM and 41AE. always felt 41AE was the Betamax of pistols.

There's really just one out of many I've sold that I regret. A S&W .44 Hand Ejector, Second Model with a 4" barrel. It had been factory re-blued but it was as nice a one as I would ever own. Probably the perfect service revolver.

Back