Hand Guns I wish I had kept

sheepman

There are a number of hand guns that have been sold or traded that I regret. Over the years I have looked for the perfect handgun, I don't think it exists. Of the hand guns I have owned, I regret getting rid of the following.

22LR- Ruger MKI/II/II, S&W k 22 and M17, Colt woodsman and Huntsman, Dan Wesson 22 revolver and Ruger single six.

45 - S&W M 25-2, Ruger Black hawk convertible

There have been a lot of others, in 38 sp, 9mm, 40 S&W, 45acp, 10mm, 44 mag,as well as contenders in a lot of calibers that I don't miss.

It seems as I got older and could afford guns that I wanted when younger, they were mostly a disappointment. Today at nearly 70 I have what I like and shoot at least once a week. I guess we can not buy back our youth. :D

Please excuse the rambling of an OLD man

^^^^^^^^
LEADING TO THAT RULE.
Mauser 1910 32ACP
Walther AC 42 P38
Colt US Property marked 1911 mfg. Date 1918 in VG to Excellent
Plus several long guns.

A 4" 686 no dash and a 3rd gen 410. Otherwise, not really. And the 4" 686 has since been replaced with a 4" Python, the 410 replaced with a 39-2. Still wish I had other two.....

I have gotten rid of a few guns that I just didn't like or just didn't serve a purpose anymore. The only one I regret is my ruger gp100 4 inch. I sold it to my uncle so there's a chance one day I could buy it back. I like my smith & wesson model 66 much more so I don't miss it too bad but it was a nice gun.

4 inch Python,S&W model18, couple different 1911 army guns, Winchester 63 , winchester 9422 nib. I'm such an idiot.

No. You are NOT. It was the right decision then. You are just like everybody else on this Earth, didn't see/know the future. Very easy to be smart afterwords.;)
And some of the guns mentioned here are easily replaceable.

Cheapshooter's rule for me all the way!

I've always had a reason for every gun I've ever bought. Maybe it wasn't a GOOD reason and maybe today I can't REMEMBER the reason but I know I had one so I'm keeping it!

But all you others, go ahead, sell your Pythons, Model 27's, 1911's 'cause if the rest of you didn't they'd be nothing for us to buy.

Really?
OK. 2nd Gen Colt Single Action Army,45 Colt

Colt Police Positive 32-20

High Standard model GD

High Standard Victor

MAB PA-15 9mm

I could say my Taurus 445 ,which is a 5 shot 44 spl snubbie,but I do not regret giving that to a woman who travels alone frequently.

Oh well. At least I was able to enjoy them for a while!!

No. You are NOT. It was the right decision then. You are just like everybody else on this Earth, didn't see/know the future. Very easy to be smart afterwords.
And some of the guns mentioned here are easily replaceable.

Best answer yet. I have sold guns and really don't remember why I sold them but at the time it seemed like the right idea.

Most were sold because I bought them cheap and made a hundred or two hundred on them. Like the AK 47 I bought for $250 and turned around and sold for $750 a week later.

I do regret selling all the model 66's I use to find for $200 and sold for #350 and all the marlin and winchester 30-30s I use to buy for a $100 and sell for $175. But heck, it was a profit.

sheepman,
I feel your pain, most of what I miss were gloss blued with some kind of wood grip.
Really wish I had heard of Cheapshooters #1 rule years ago!:(

Quite a few, but the top of the list would be the 98% Pre War (1935) National Match Colt acquired from the original owner.

Cheapshooter's rule is extremely pipular around here but I just don't care for it. For a funny reason and a serious one.

Funny reason: this world is loaded with the "gun a month club" and these guys never get anywhere with their collection... and I only shop used guns. So I support their hyperactivity. ;)

Serious reason: a gun HAS to make a place for itself in my world, and in most all cases -- it has to earn it's keep. It doesn't have to be the "best" at anything, but I need one (or preferably more) reasons to keep it. It should deliver on the dreams I had when I chased it.

Bottom line? Cheapshooter's axiom just doesn't do it for me. Some guns were good for a role and later aren't. Some end up taking space and can be a great "new" gun for the next guy.

I hate that I traded off the first handgun I ever had. It got me interested, I learned to shoot with it and I have bought 7 since then. I'm probably the only person on here that wishes they had not gotten rid of a Hi-Point C9.

Guns come and go here, the only one I can truly say I wish I still had was the 640 I couldn't see the sights on well enough to shoot. Silly me now I have a 60 with the same sights, now painted for better contrast. If I had only thought of that then.

Back