Hammer fired polymer guns, what's out there?

I didn’t get that at all.

I didn’t get that either. People are free to use whatever they want. Just because someone presents facts shouldn’t be taken as casting judgement. If someone wants to dislike Da/Sa guns for what they are, go right ahead. I’ll continue disliking typical striker-guns for what I think they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just because you didn't get something, doesn't mean someone else, i.e. me, didn't. Saying people use striker fired pistols because the internet has convinced them they're safe isn't my definition of "facts". You're free to continue disliking them. I've spent as much time shooting DA/SA as shooting "safe action" type pistols (I break it down this way because there are DA/SA striker fired pistols). I still have more DA/SA pistols currently. I have preferences, but I try not to generalize groups of users.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just because you didn't get something, doesn't mean someone else, i.e. me, didn't. Saying people use striker fired pistols because the internet has convinced them they're safe isn't my definition of "facts".

Well I guess because I share the same beliefs as him is why.

I see it as fact- however, you do not. Most people who disagree with something like this don’t share the same views. It’s just like when someone says a particular movie sucks- if you don’t agree, that’s your prerogative.

Besides- you shouldn’t care about what he thinks. If you feel the opposite, then what’s the deal? You’re not gonna change his opinion and he’s not going to change yours. It’s just like the open carry vs concealed carry debate, or the caliber debate. No body’s really wrong or right.

Well I guess because I share the same beliefs as him is why.

I see it as fact- however, you do not. Most people who disagree with something like this don’t share the same views. It’s just like when someone says a particular movie sucks- if you don’t agree, that’s your prerogative.

Besides- you shouldn’t care about what he thinks. If you feel the opposite, then what’s the deal? You’re not gonna change his opinion and he’s not going to change yours. It’s just like the open carry vs concealed carry debate, or the caliber debate. No body’s really wrong or right.

Sure, but this is a discussion forum (discussion being the operative word). He's totally within his rights to express his opinion. And I'm totally within my rights to respond. That you may not want my response or see my response as unnecessary isn't really my concern. If we adopt the attitude you mention then heck he didn't even need to post that in the first place since it's not really the question the OP had. But then this would be a boring place full of very short threads. Discussion evolve and that often means differing points of view.

Last edited:
Sure, but this is a discussion forum (discussion being the operative word). He's totally within his rights to express his opinion. And I'm totally within my rights to respond. That you may not want my response or see my response as unnecessary isn't really my concern. If we adopt the attitude you mention then heck he didn't even need to post that in the first place since it's not really the question the OP had. But then this would be a boring place full of very short threads. Discussion evolve and that often means differing points of view.

Well no, there’d be no need for a discussion forum if we did that but as with many subjects like this, I’m just saying it’s a dead horse. Didn’t say I wanted to see, nor did I necessarily say your response was unnecessary.

Caliber wars, carry method wars and old-school vs new school- there’s pros and cons to both. Pick one you feel comfortable and efficient with and be happy.

We've extended this much further than I intended it go. I'm going to post as I like, regardless of whether you think it's a "dead horse". If your goal here really is to discourage pointless conversation, then you could always let it go.

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
You've extended this much further than I intended it go. I'm going to post as I like, regardless of whether you think it's "dead". If your goal here really is to discourage pointless conversation, then you could let it go.

I’m not discouraging pointless discussion, I’m just saying what’s the point. If you wanna keep beating this poor horse to a further bloody pulp then be my guest.

But you say you’re gonna post as you like, irregardless to what I say otherwise yet you have the audacity to say I’m the reason it’s gone further than you intended??....lol. Ok. For one, it’s a two-way street and for two, it takes two to tango. You’re just as guilty as I am so I guess we’ll just leave it up to me to politely digress.

I’m not discouraging pointless discussion, I’m just saying what’s the point. If you wanna keep beating this poor horse to a further bloody pulp then be my guest.

But you say you’re gonna post as you like, irregardless to what I say otherwise yet you have the audacity to say I’m the reason it’s gone further than you intended??....lol. Ok. For one, it’s a two-way street and for two, it takes two to tango. You’re just as guilty as I am so I guess we’ll just leave it up to me to politely digress.

You're the one that responded to a comment that wasn't addressed to you (I'd point out Carl seems completely nonplussed). You've repeatedly asked (directly and indirectly) why I care despite me already explaining why, which to me is keeping it going. True it does take two to tango. So best case we're both guilty as you say. I interpret my previous comment to this as me saying I'm done on the issue. I have edited it to say "we" rather than "you".

Nothing I have stated has in any way said someone shouldn't pick what he/she wants and be happy. My original issue, to be clear here, was with someone, from my point of view, seemingly claiming that people that carry striker fired pistols do so because they've been convinced of the internet in lieu of their gut. What I was advocating was that we let people choose what they like and not make automatic judgments of why they might have chosen one way or the other.

Last edited:
You're the one that responded to a comment that wasn't addressed to you (I'd point out Carl seems completely nonplussed). You then have kept this back and forth going despite the fact that I think I've been pretty clear why I commented and felt I was done on Post 64 (you've repeatedly asked me why I care now despite me already explaining why, which to me is keeping it going). True it does take two to tango. So best case we're both guilty as you say. I interpret my previous comment to this as me saying I'm done on the issue.

I know I said I’d have to digress but I never asked why you care. Lol. For the record, I don’t care. And I know your initial response wasn’t directed at me but I still felt a purpose to respond. That’s just how discussion forums work. He was just throwing out his own opinion(just like you....lol) and you just had to take it like he was criticizing other people’s choices. We’ve yet to hear back from him but in regards to what I said- if you don’t like that then I suggest not commenting. Or you can just continue on with the senseless arguing. But since I feel you need the joy in the last word, I’m pretty sure my response will conjure up a new one. Lol. Keep in mind though, I only responded just to clear up and straighten out a few things you said.

I know I said I’d have to digress but I never asked why you care.
You didn't?
Besides- you shouldn’t care about what he thinks. If you feel the opposite, then what’s the deal? You’re not gonna change his opinion and he’s not going to change yours.
I’m not discouraging pointless discussion, I’m just saying what’s the point.

If that's not how you interpret those comments, fair enough. Sure seemed like it to me.

you just had to take it like he was criticizing other people’s choices.

Because that's exactly how it comes across to me. Hence the response.

We’ve yet to hear back from him but in regards to what I said- if you don’t like that then I suggest not commenting.

We've been over that, and in fact we agree. After all:
I still felt a purpose to respond. That’s just how discussion forums work.

Keep in mind though, I only responded just to clear up and straighten out a few things you said.

Sure. Same here.

Last edited:
Originally posted by me: I know I said I’d have to digress but I never asked why you care.
You didn't?

Pretty sure. I even went back over the comments and I didn’t see where I ever showed concern about what you thought. Feel free to go back and find that if you want and I guess we’ll cross that bridge if you find anything.

Originally posted by me: Besides- you shouldn’t care about what he thinks. If you feel the opposite, then what’s the deal? You’re not gonna change his opinion and he’s not going to change yours.

I’m not discouraging pointless discussion, I’m just saying what’s the point.

Originally posted by you: If that's not how you interpret those comments, fair enough. Sure seemed like it to me.
Well, I can’t control what you do or how you take things. I really don’t care what his intent was. I just took it as him explaining what he prefers, and just his opinion on how he feels about it. You arguing against that is just pointless. People are free to read comments however they wish to interpret and they will take from it what they want.

Originally posted by me: ...you just had to take it like he was criticizing other people’s choices.

Originally posted by you: Because that's exactly how it comes across to me. Hence the response.
Duly noted. But again, even if that absolutely was his intent, what difference does it make?? No matter what you say in retort, I highly doubt you’re gonna change his mind, just like I highly doubt you’re gonna change his. Lol.

Originally posted by me: I still felt a purpose to respond. That’s just how discussion forums work.

Keep in mind though, I only responded just to clear up and straighten out a few things you said.

Originally posted by you: Sure. Same here.
You don’t have to reuse my reasons to justify your dragging this out. Like I said, I was just pointing out a few things to explain why I went against my attempt to digress.

Hopefully this will be it because there really isn’t much more to discuss.

Last edited:
Most of what I post isn't me trying to change anyone's mind. It's simply me expressing my own opinion, often in response to someone else.

I guess it's up to me to digress this time? I'll try to hold to it.

Have a good day.

Last edited:
I guess it's up to me to digress this time? I'll try to hold to it.

Have a good day.

c43a38823dc2115a470cd38d1c4b6b32.jpg

Back