Hammer fired polymer guns, what's out there?

But it didn't fit my hand worth a crap. (Which meant it wasn't fun to shoot. And it was too big to carry. So, what good was it?...)

The 2022 is a low cost service pistol, designed to be open carried. It is used by a number of police departments in Europe and other places. My biggest complaint about it is that during reloads the mags tend to pinch the heel of my bear claw sized hand.

Because it is perfectly reliable and accurate to shoot it was great for teaching my kids to learn how to shoot pistol.

The 2022 is a low cost service pistol, designed to be open carried. It is used by a number of police departments in Europe and other places. My biggest complaint about it is that during reloads the mags tend to pinch the heel of my bear claw sized hand.

Because it is perfectly reliable and accurate to shoot it was great for teaching my kids to learn how to shoot pistol.
It might be one of SIG's most successful pistols contract wise. Plus Jason Bourne used one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The Beretta PX4 full and compact sizes are highly unappreciated DA/SA pistols. Ernest Langdon also offers a highly tweeked version.

I only use hammer fired DA/SA actions.

This...Beretta’s most underrated pistol, & reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Beretta PX4 full and compact sizes are highly unappreciated DA/SA pistols. Ernest Langdon also offers a highly tweeked version.

I only use hammer fired DA/SA actions.

The PX4 is good. Replacing the bat-wing safety levers with low-profile decockers makes it great. In fact, it might be my favorite polymer DA/SA once converted. It's sleek, feels good in hand, and is easily one of the softest-shooting polymer-framed handguns available.

I haven't tried the fancy Compact Carry model, which includes the low-profile conversion. I don't have any issues with the stock trigger but I am curious to try the enhanced version.

HK USP9

HK USP45

are my favorite DA / SA hammer fired polymer handguns , they are high quality military grade service pistols.

The SAR CM9 Gen 2 is a great gun at an insanely cheap price. Mine is every bit as accurate as my CZ P07, and I actually like the grip texture better. Both guns eat anything I've put through them. Is the CZ better? Well, the trigger, from CZ custom shop is, but other than that, I don't really think so.

I recently bought a SCCY CPX 2. It is a great little 15 ounce hammer fired "plastic" hammer fired gun with a 10 round capacity. They had a rebate and the sale price after the rebate was $134.98 + $12.99 shipping and tax. I have been very pleased with it. The complaint with it is the very long double action trigger that is exactly like a double action revolver. I shoot double action revolvers so the trigger is not an issue for me.

EAA (Tanfoglio) Witness Polymer. DA/SA in 9mm, 10mm 45acp, 22lr, .380, and some models (large frame) can be converted from one caliber to another.

Based on first-hand experience alone.

The P30/P30L/USP are hands down my favorite polymer hammer-fired pistols.
The P30/P30L is a 9/10 for me. The -1 point is for trigger.

That's where CZ has it beat. (P-07)

"49 posts and not one mention of the lowly Kel Tecs? P32, P3AT, PF9, & the discontinued P11."

I thought about that too. I have one and have owned two others.

I have polymer EAA Witnesses, and a "compact" size SAR, They are all CZ75 derivatives.

I have some Ruger P-series.

I have a Beretta "Storm".

The 40 caliber Beretta and 45acp Ruger are both DAO.

Canik makes some nice Walther clones. I don't know if any of them have hammers. The one I have doesn't.

The CZ derivatives are my favorites. My two polymer Witnesses are in nice shape and were won for bids of $250 apiece. The SAR was a little over $250 OTD NiB.

I also prefer external hammers, probably because that's what I'm used to. I will occasionally carry a Glock, though.

People should carry something that they're comfortable with. If someone isn't comfortable with strikers, they shouldn't carry one. I wouldn't try to convince someone what they should or shouldn't be comfortable with.

Recently traded in my Ruger LC9S, about 7,000 rds. Trigger was just too light, had been meaning to get rid of it for a long time. I do not carry anything but DAO anymore, would not mind having a DA/SA. People say light Striker fired guns are perfectly safe, that is fine. I have just gotten to the age where I really listen to my gut feeling about things and not the internet.
Had a good friend of mine, former military armorer, gun enthusiast for years, active shooter well trained, shoot himself in the leg leaning over to put gear into his car. For some reason we cannot determine, something on this light striker fired trigger set it off.
The bullet went into his hip, turned and all the way down his leg. Horrible wound. He now has moved on to a SA/Da.
The thing is, they are NOT hard to learn or shoot well.
When I traded my LC9S, I told the LG, "Super light trigger, little take up and BANG. Some newbie that reads the internet would love this light triggered gun.". He laughed and agreed. "Told me he see's it all the time." "The old internet phrase, "the best safety is the one between your ears". Lol, my brain and my gut, told me to get a safer gun.

Recently traded in my Ruger LC9S, about 7,000 rds. Trigger was just too light, had been meaning to get rid of it for a long time. I do not carry anything but DAO anymore, would not mind having a DA/SA. People say light Striker fired guns are perfectly safe, that is fine. I have just gotten to the age where I really listen to my gut feeling about things and not the internet.

Had a good friend of mine, former military armorer, gun enthusiast for years, active shooter well trained, shoot himself in the leg leaning over to put gear into his car. For some reason we cannot determine, something on this light striker fired trigger set it off.

The bullet went into his hip, turned and all the way down his leg. Horrible wound. He now has moved on to a SA/Da.

When I traded my LC9S, I told the LG, "Super light trigger, little take up and BANG. Some newbie that reads the internet would love this light triggered gun.". He laughed and agreed. "Told me he see's it all the time." "The old internet phrase, "the best safety is the one between your ears". Lol, my brain and my gut, told me to get a safer gun.

Good post.

Although I want to take this time to emphasize that accidents can happen with any handgun but sometimes when new technology is invented to overcome one hump, another hump is created. I get why so many people like striker-fired guns; the lighter and consistent triggers are nice and easier to shoot; but with that ease, comes at a price. We just have to pick what we like, make uniformed decisions and be safe with no matter platform we choose.

But just as this guy, I feel better with hammer-fired guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sometimes a person's gut, and not the internet, might also convince them that striker fired pistols are fine. Just because someone uses a striker fired pistol doesn't mean he or she is a slave to trends.

Imagine a day where people can make a personal choice without feeling the need to cast judgement on people that choose otherwise. One day.

Sometimes a person's gut, and not the internet, might also convince them that striker fired pistols are fine. Just because someone uses a striker fired pistol doesn't mean he or she is a slave to trends.
I didn’t get that at all.

Imagine a day where people can make a personal choice without feeling the need to cast judgement on people that choose otherwise. One day.

I didn’t get that either. People are free to use whatever they want. Just because someone presents facts shouldn’t be taken as casting judgement. If someone wants to dislike Da/Sa guns for what they are, go right ahead. I’ll continue disliking typical striker-guns for what I think they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back