Gun you want but can't find.

Borchardt C-93
G.R.A.D. Knife gun
Braverman pen - .380
Bren Ten
S&W 627 pre-lock. (at this point, I'll settle for a post-lock short SS with the short barrel)

Last edited:
Well i finally found a P220 stainless elite carry .45 online. It'll cost me dearly though- $1300 or so with ffl and all. Ive got $750. Hmm.

Decisions, decisions.

I've been trying for years to find a S&W Model 620.

I've been trying for years to find a S&W Model 620,,,
But the few people I've found who have one,,,
Won't part with it for love or money.

I own a 6" Model 686,,,
But I never liked the full lug barrel.

Aarond

SIG P220 Match Elite for me. I can find it occasionally on Gun Broker, but my shop tried all 5 of his sources and no luck. My LGS is not a SIG retailer yet, but soon. Maybe than they will be able to find me one.

Beretta 950B Minx with a 4" barrel, aka "Special Minx / Minx Special".

Nickel Beretta 84BB offered by someone who's not apparently convinced that it's made of gold. :rolleyes:

Dragline45 said:
Smith & Wesson model 13 or 65 in 3" configuration. Have never seen one in any shop and when they do show up on gun broker they are usually priced close to double what they should.
Ironically, a LGS here had a 3" M13 with ~90% finish (minor holster wear) for $325 late last year; didn't buy it because the cookie jar was empty at the time. :(
aarondhgraham said:
I've been trying for years to find a S&W Model 620,,,
But the few people I've found who have one,,,
Won't part with it for love or money.
I always liked the M620 when it was available, but I remember the S&W purists decrying it- "It only comes with The Lock!" "Why would you buy that when you can get a 686!"

Then, as is typical for S&W revolvers, once an unpopular model is dropped, the collectors suddenly change their tune ("You know, I actually kinda liked that one...") and the prices shoot skyward. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, I should have added one other gun to my first post: a S&W Model 315 Night Guard in shooter-grade condition. I liked this gun, I wanted one for CCW, I even fondled one at a LGS, but then S&W up and discontinues it after only one year, and now the only ones you see for sale are LNIB with stratospheric price tags. :(

Mine would be a Ruger Super Black hawk Bisley in .44 mag, Hunter model. I have found many super blackhawks but none with the 7 ¹/² barrel. And Beautiful grips. Anyone find one feel free to let me know. Lol

I have/ had been looking for a Ruger Redhawk .44 mag with a 4" barrel for over a year. Had one spotted at the gun dept about 3 miles away. Kept hemming and hawing trying to decide between it and a .380. Debated too long and it went away. They put it on alist of guns to order. I finally found one with a 5.5" barrel and traded my 10" Blackhawk and some money for it before it went away too. Still have not seen any 4" show up.

Any reasonably priced USFA in 44-40, especially a Bisley model or any USFA with interchangeable cylinders in 44-40 & 44 spec. May have waited too long since they are no longer made.

Ironically, a LGS here had a 3" M13 with ~90% finish (minor holster wear) for $325 late last year; didn't buy it because the cookie jar was empty at the time.

Oh man, I am not a big fan of charging stuff on the credit card, but that would be one time I would have to.

"I do have a near pristine Blackhawk 3-screw unconverted .45 Colt with 4 5/8 barrel. No, it's not for sale. Found it 15 years ago in a shop I frequented outside Chicago. The shop owner was a friend of mine and let me have it for $200."

UncleEd, my dad's favorite handgun is his unconverted Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum. As a kid, I never understood why he didn't send it in for the free "upgrade." Now I understand.

As for the thread, for myself, I would say a nice Seecamp-converted Colt Commander .45 ACP. And a Bren Ten.

I've wanted a S&W 432PD for years. Perhaps someday it will happen. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should hit the other thread about what we wish they'd make. While the 432PD comes back into production every now and again, I wish Ruger would make a .32-caliber six-shot LCR. I've always felt that .32 H&R Magnum is the right balance of power and capacity for the small, light-weight, pocket package.

Dan Wesson .445 SuperMag for a decent price. Seems like every one I find is priced somewhere upwards of $1000 and that just ain't in the cards right now.

A Smith Highway Patrolman in shootable condition: 70-80% would be fine. Pinned and recessed for under $500.
I -just- pulled pretty much exactly that...about 10 days ago. Tagged at $430, they wouldn't take a buck less, out the door at $460. 1974 birth date.

Haven't shot it yet, Saturday is the day.

From the S&W Gun of the Month Days

S&W 390? all steel 4inch barrel without that silly front of the trigger guard hook. I'd be happy. I think the last digit in the model number is a six.

I seem to run into this constantly. I want a particular configuration and it is the rarest one. Beretta 96 Steel-1, Beretta 92 Centurion Compact single stack, Sig P232 in the rainbow Nikron finish, S&W Lew Horton blued 3 inch Model 24 and a blued Walther PPK/S in 32acp

Back