Gun you want but can't find.

jproaster

Ive decided the Sig P220 carry elite stainless is becoming a "gotta have gun." And while Ive looked only a short time, I cant find one anywhere!

What guns have fallen into this category for you? And how have you found em?

Well. Maybe its better I dont find one- kinda pricey.
John

Smith & Wesson model 13 or 65 in 3" configuration. Have never seen one in any shop and when they do show up on gun broker they are usually priced close to double what they should.

As far as a new production gun that should not be overly hard to find, Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt. Although it is still listed on their website I have never seen one in any shop new or used or even on Gunbroker for that matter. Makes no sense to me why they have that gun in their catalog but produce so few if any at all anymore.

Last edited:
Walther PPQ M1.

U.S. is supposed to be getting resupplied sometime next year. Used ones are going for new prices on GB.

Not quite ready to do any serious searching, but there are a few I'd like to get before too long.

Always wanted an Interarms Hammerli made Virginian, .44 Special or .45 Colt.

A USFA Single Action, .44 Special or .45 Colt.

Colt New Frontier, .44 Spec. or .45 Colt, 4 3/4" barrel.

Ruger Blackhawk, Three Screw, unconverted, .45 Colt.

Bob Wright

A $400 in pristine shape blued Colt Gold Cup.

I've looked and looked.:cool:

Bob Wright, I do have a near pristine Blackhawk 3-screw unconverted .45 Colt with 4 5/8 barrel. No, it's not for sale. Found it 15 years ago in a shop I frequented outside Chicago. The shop owner was a friend of mine and let me have it for $200.

Smith & Wesson 547, which I positively do -NOT- need, but I think I would have some fun with it, and it would be interesting.

Pretty sure I missed my window. They used to be a curiosity, now they seem to be going "collectible", which kills my chance of allowing myself to get or enjoy one. I'm a shooter, I want to shoot it.

Still looking for a SW Model 19/66 (preferably the 66) with 2.5" barrel. Carried one on duty years ago while on embassy duty. First handgun I ever qualified with as well (shot EXPERT). Should have gotten one while they were still making them.

S&W model 617 .22 / in a 6 shot / and in a 4" barrel....I have one in a 6" and I don't want a 10 shot version....( and I have a model 18 - blued -- in a 4" .22 )...so it isn't like I don't have some .22 revolvers to shoot.../ and I would buy a model 18 in Nickel if it popped up as well...

so I'm just being patient....

Walther PPK
Apparently they are no longer allowed to be sold in California. Just another reason I can't wait to move back east.

Walther PPK
Apparently they are no longer allowed to be sold in California. Just another reason I can't wait to move back east.

Go with the Sig 232 then. I have owned both, and although the PPK is a quality gun, the Sig is that much better in just about every aspect.

Back