Goodbye Youtube Gun Video Channels

It sounds like more left wing extremist agenda to shut down any parts of free speech they don't agree with. You know...all in the name of free speech.

Would somebody please post a link to a CREDIBLE source that says YouTube is shutting down firearms content. The only thing I can see is that they are shutting down the advertising revenue from posters with less than 10,000 views. I don't see anything that says it is changing firearms-related content.

Again, I ask someone to post an actual link showing that YouTube is restricting gun-related content. I can find no evidence that they are.

IT IS JUST A DREAM...NOT REAL.
As of April 6, 2017, channels that have fewer than 10,000 views cannot run ads on their videos. Learn more about recent changes to the YouTube Partner Program.
Then please explain Demolition Ranch, MAC, Hickok45, etc. getting demonitized.

Over 6 million subscribers and a billion views, among just those first three.

Then please explain Demolition Ranch, MAC, Hickok45, etc. getting demonitized.

Over 6 million subscribers and a billion views, among just those first three.

It appears to be just hype from that original link rather than any real change for firearms videos.

They are not shutting off the gun videos. They are merely cutting costs of monetization of the little nickle and dime sites. The big channels will still make their money, the little ones will have to get big before they make the money.

From a business perspective, does not look like a gun control, anti-gun scheme at all. Looks like a good business decision. Content costs money, and yes there are some YouTubers out there making stacks of it off various sponsorship and ads.

And a private business can ban guns in their buildings...but that doesn't mean they're not scum.

And just like with a private business you can choose to NOT go there just as you can choose to NOT visit YOUTUBE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A well known Woman who shoots S+W posted something about it on my FB page.
Apparently fb places considerable weight on the number of subscribes a YT channel has.
Which might mean we can do something to keep the ones we value. Subscribe!
(Not that I have...yet)

I sure value the "how to" videos. More than once someone has called me ..."I took my gun apart and I can't figure out how to put it together"
Usually I can find a good video to help. They help me,too.

I could live without the Jackass grade drunk,fail,and idiot videos of grossly inappropriate behavior with firearms,BUT,I'm not an advocate of censoring.
Who draws the line,and where?

I wonder.... the BATF and ITAR and the sharing of technical knowledge...We had some discussion here about sharing knowledge and what can get you in trouble.
I don't know. The regulatory agencies may not like vids on oil filter silencers or finishing 80% receivers. (I know,the 80%'s are legal to do/own and the oil filters are not)
The way I read the ITAR policy,it was questionable if we could post a vid on threading and chambering.
Hopefully some swamp will get drained.
Folks,boycotting YouTube is like boycotting the library. I don't care to turn my back on that much knowledge .
If you want knowledge about the precision scraping of machine surfaces,lessons from the Old Guys are there.
You want to lean about forming sheet metal,Englsh Wheels,etc? Look at Eastwood vids.
Rust removal? OxyClean solution and a battery charger,or soaking in molasses/water.
About everything on Hornady Progressive presses,dry aging beef...
No. I'm not boycotting YouTube.

Last edited:
And was my point on all accounts. I choose where to spend my money or give my attention.

YouTube has been a great resource, but I've lived before it, I'll live after. For everything I've researched or learned online, there's been books added to my physical library.

I may not always be able to afford internet access, so I have books in a well organized library, for the subjects of most interest to me.

There's already a sight up called full 30 that a few of the popular YouTube gun guys utilize.

It doesn't appear to be monetized either. So why bother going there? Why not just watch on Youtube? After all, if the channels need the money from monetization of the channels and Youtube isn't doing it anymore, what good does it to do change to Full30 that isn't monetized at all? It appears to have been living on the back of Youtube's monetization given all the crosspostings.

It isn't that there would need to be an alternative place for videos, but that there would need to be an alternative place with monetization for videos. I just watched some MAC, Hickock45, and 22plinkster and didn't see any ads on Full30.

So Full30 apparently isn't the answer to monetizing gun channels so that they may survive.

Last edited:
Full30.com that has been referred to has quite a lot of our kind of videos already up and running.
Having a backup as an alternative is always a good idea.
Ya' just never know when it will come in handy.
We might as well support it as not.

They do have SOME videos there from a very limited number of creators, but Full30 isn't a place to go if you want to post your videos there yourself. When I inquired about why I could not post any videos after joining, I received the following response...

Hi, *******

Thanks for contacting us at Full30.

We are currently only able to provide hosting and bandwidth for a limited number of content creators. In the future, we hope to expand our reach to a greater number of contributors and would be glad to send you an invite at that time.

In the meantime, we hope you enjoy Full30 and what it has to offer; and soon hope to see you involved with us soon!

Nic H
Full30 Support

So NO, Full30 really isn't an option for much of anything. They aren't monetized and providing money to creators and they are only allowing some to post videos and most of those videos are on Youtube already along with the videos of many other people.

Back