Good cheap lube

Whatever I happen to have around the house. Gun oil, three-in-one, WD-40, silicone spray, motor oil, Break-Free. Mazola corn oil would work in a pinch. (I've used "fish formula" on casting reels at times.)

It's a gun. Not the space shuttle.

I have chased the subject of cleaning forever so here is my two cents worth. New guns when I first get them, I clean down to the are metal by brushing multiple times with any solvent then blasting with brake cleaner. Once that is done I heat the parts with a hair dryer and liberally cover all metal parts with slipp2000 lube and let it sit 24 hours. Then wipe it down with microfiber towel and from that point forward I clean with slipp 725 cleaner and lube with their lube. The guns very easy to clean and the cost is negligible as I own many guns and can't possibly shoot them all enough to get them very dirty. If you happen to clean every thousand rounds or something then immerse the barbell in slip2000 Carbon cleaner first. Good stuff

Ballistol, Ballistol and Ballistol.

Works fine for me. Good for the metal parts, cleans well, fine on wood stocks and leather, too. Relatively non-toxic.

Used to use, in addition to Ballistol, red auto grease on the rails (only) of my semi-autos. (Don't have/ shoot any semi-autos anymore, so I don't use the grease now.)

People heavily overthink this. Almost any good lube will work....and it doesn't HAVE to be a specialized "gun" product.

I use Mobil-1 in my Tacoma, and I use Mobil-1 on all of my guns, it does everything better, including excellent detergent effects which contribute greatly to keeping the mechanism clean, or keeping them easier to clean! It also works great against galling on stainless, and it imparts longer lasting lubricity to the rails of 1911's!

eb2b819682a989f553b3b9c1d27fe998.1500

773343.jpg

p_100011998_2.jpg

Back