Fun gun?

A buddy and I have an annual Luger Grudge Match, at a local IDPA venue, and I look forward to it.
It's not so much the gun itself, but the opportunity to relax, not care about my score, wear my pickelhaube that I made out of a Pirates batting helmet, and just be one with such an historical piece.

A buddy and I have an annual Luger Grudge Match, at a local IDPA venue, and I look forward to it.
It's not so much the gun itself, but the opportunity to relax, not care about my score, wear my pickelhaube that I made out of a Pirates batting helmet, and just be one with such an historical piece.
Never miss an opportunity to wear a Pickelhaube!

Pretty much any .22 target pistol.

S&W victory with a red dot sight is a blast :)

Can ping steel all day for not much cash!

I enjoy my VQ Scorpion. Very fun, except rounds evaporate in it. Not sure where they go!! Also have a TC Encore in .300 BLK that is fun to shoot. 110-240 grain bullets, round has lots of flexibility. I have some Nam era 06 tracer pulls that I shoot through it for fun also.

I am not saying it is the most fun but I always like shooting my Ruger MK II. Reactive targets make it more fun.

My G42 is, believe it or not, is remarkably fun.

pk2kbD

The most fun gun is hands down a Ruger MKII , stainless steel , that had Millet SP-1 red dot sight mounted on it with 4 magazines . I had aged, could no longer shoot/see the iron sights of my handguns and had never seen a red dot on a handgun. I had given up pistol shooting and missed my favorite hobby . Until that day at the gun show...I saw it and the dealer said "just put the dot on the target and shoot" ...and that day changed my life !
Shooting this gun was magical....put the dot on the target and simply think about hitting it....pow ...dead center...every time!!!!! I was Amazed.
Turns out Clark Custom Guns had done a full blown accuracy and trigger job , mounted the red dot sight and tuned 4 magazines for the fellow who owned it before me.

That gun is so sweet it puts a smile on my face and a song in my heart just thinking about shooting it. The accuracy and trigger are simply amazing !
I enjoy shooting it almost better than fooling around with the wife....almost, but not quite......she's a lot of fun too!
Gary

9mm Colt Combat Commander

I love all 1911s, but my Colt Combat Commander was until recently the most enjoyable and the go to handgun in the litter!

Then I went and bought a CZ75B. Maybe I'm biased because I'm in love with it, but I think its the easiest and most fun 9mm handgun iv ever shot.

Volquartsen 1911 style target frame with Hogue 2 panel rubber grips and a PacLite barrel shortened to 3 1/2". Rear sight blade replaced with a Ruger white outlined and the front sight modified with a orange insert S&W style.

HK MP5. I was at a range and I saw a FDLE officer shooting it. I commented on how cool it was and he handed me a full mag and said have at it. He told me to shoot single shot first, then 3 round burst, and finally full auto. What an awesome experience.

I did a bowling pin match with my STI Edge in .40 and that was tons of fun. My one IPSC experience in Guatemala was pretty awesome as well.

Define "fun". I learned to shoot a handgun with my High Standard Victor, lately I've been firing my Browning HP-first handgun-and Colt Mark IV-with the Ciener Conversion units. Lots of range time, at low cost.

anything 22 (lr and wmr) is fun and a ruger rimfire always goes to the range: sr22, single six or lcr. a heritage roughrider is a decent, cheaper alternative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S&W M41

Shooting the 22 auto is inexpensive and fun all day! I like metal swinging free targets that you get a nice little ping off of. I can listen to them sing all day long with not too much money spent, and no recoil issues after a couple of hundred rounds in a session. Practice grip, moving, and point shooting and you improve your skills when you pull out your EDC in a larger caliber. Any old 22 works!

I have, I think, a High Standard HD Military 22 that is a hoot to shoot. I'm not sure its still mine though, my son has had it a long time! Much as liked to fool around with it, few years ago, my favorite hand gun to shoot in my mod 16 S&W in 32 long with cast bullet's! Many years ago I had a Colt Diamondback in 22 that was really a hoot!

I truly enjoy every gun I shoot regularly,,,
But for FUN I have to say shooting these mouse guns make me grin.

MouseGuns.JPG

They are both natural pointers,,,
Surprisingly easy to hit your mark with.

And, they make me want to strike a James Bond pose. :p

Aarond

Is that a Beretta? Had one just like that when I was stationed in Germany decade's ago! Neat little gun.

Back