Fun gun?

I like them all, but each gun I acquire goes through a sort of honeymoon phase. As has been said, the latest acquisition usually is the most fun for a period. In my case it's my new S&W M&P 22 compact.

Actually, there are two, a Browning Hi-Power in 9mm, and a Luger commercial .30 made in 1920...The first for its perfect grip and feel, and the 2nd for its superb accuracy, and history. Rod

My funnest guns are opposite ends of the spectrum. Rossi Plinker in .22lr at one end and then my .44mag Super Blackhawk at the other end.

My fun gun is a S&W K22. I some times wonder why I have 20+ 22 pistols and always pick
up the K22. Of course a couple of these are back up K22s in case I have a blow out.

For pure fun I like to shoot oddball stuff like 96Mausers and other first generation autos.

When going out just for fun shooting almost always includes at lest one .22. I enjoy them and my wife liked shooting my Walther PP .22. guess it must have been all those 007 Bond movies she use to watch.

Probably gotta be the full-auto Uzi I shot on my 30th birthday, that was Chuck Norris cool!

However, for non-nfa guns, I have both a Ruger Vaquero birdshead and a Windham Weapons AR pistol in .300blk on order, and I expect both of them to be loads of fun!

Original gun was a S&W Model 19 4", wish I still had it. Then would be my Taurus PT92C or my Witness Full size 45acp. I believe I've enjoyed all three equally and shoot both of these current guns equally every time I go to the range.

I truly enjoy shooting 125 grain .38 Special +P JHP's out of my Spurless SP101 after having installed new hammer and trigger springs a couple years ago. The action is glass smooth and very easy to stage.

As others have said, they're all fun. I think I like my little CZ 455 fs in .17hmr. The action is amazingly smooth, it is extremely accurate, ammo is cheap, and it is light and not at all tiring to shoot.

My .38/357 Winchester Model 1873 would be my next favorite.

For pistols, it's my Hi Power. Long guns, my friend has a Browning lever action in .22 thats super smooth and accurate(he refuses to sell it to me, lol).

My s&w 17-3 3T revolver is pretty fun! Just got it. I love the stress free shooting! Pretty accurate too. No loads to develop. Just shoot&clean!

Most fun I've ever had with a gun has been the M60-E3 :D

But they don't let us retired old pharts play with those anymore ;)
If I could afford it, I'd have one, just for the fun factor alone!!

You're gonna chuckle,,,

I truly enjoy every gun I shoot regularly,,,
But for FUN I have to say shooting these mouse guns make me grin.

MouseGuns.JPG

They are both natural pointers,,,
Surprisingly easy to hit your mark with.

And, they make me want to strike a James Bond pose. :p

Aarond

All are fun

I find that often the target creates the fun factor, regardless of what you are firing.
Reactive targets are fun, golf balls are a hoot. Bowling pins.

Years ago one of our group of shooters tuned and moved pianos for a living. Not all piano tuners are blind. He would get at least one piano a year that simply could not be tuned. We would haul it out to the desert, and basically turn it in to kindling with pistols and rifles. Huge fun.

Enough fun that it made the cleanup after very worth it. We would always leave the spot better than we found it, sometimes that was a real chore as not all shooters who used that spot shared that responsibility.

I have a S&W Safety Hammerless Third Model New Departure (Slang Terminology - Lemon Squeezer) manufactured between 1896 to 1897. Fun since it was hanging around approximately 120 years for me to personally shoot it.

Back