Froglube fails miserably.....A word of caution.

I use FrogLube in my conservation work. It's great for removing rust without harming the patina. For the regular stuff, Hoppes'/Outers and then Breakfree or whatever oil I have at hand.

When these older threads resurrect; I sometimes see what a silly fellow I can be.

Gary has given me the best reason to use the stuff

Dude I'm kicking myself for not finding this post years ago. I just spent all night detail stripping my weapon getting all that gunk out. Carbon in places that carbon doesn't normally build up, cat hair floating in the air got in there and stuck to it somehow, every bit of dust and grime that was somehow in the air...and this weapon stays in its holster stored on a shelf in the closet unless it's on me. Never again.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I use ATF for my firearms, and I use it with moderation. Works well for both cleaning and lubrication, readily available and relatively inexpensive. Since it doesn't gel until -50, it works even on those coldest hunting days here in Wisconsin. Still, for the most part, oil is oil, and when used within it's intended parameters and with moderation, almost anything will work, and as we have seen, almost anything will have it's fanboys and it's haters.

Living in an arid climate, rust seems to seldom be an issue. Just a bit of Rem-Oil seems to work fine for my firearms. Just a very thin film. For shooters that live or hunt in humid enviroments, do you use more of whatever product? If my guns were at risk for rust it would be very tempting to use lots of something to keep any damage to a minimum.

Back