FN-49 Owner's Room

Hello all!! New to here. Just got my Fn 49 assembled and have taken it to range. I need to order a taller sight (shoots a 1' high @ 100 yds) but once I got the gas sleeve in the right place I really liked the way it shot!

rmcc

Hello all you FN49'rs.
I have a Columbian contract FN49, that I just finished getting back to near original condition.

All serial numbers match, but the previous owner had take a hacksaw to the front sight so that he could put some abomination of a tubular sight on it.
Since the front sight is part of the gas tube, it had to be replaced. Fortunately that is not difficult part to find.

The main stock has also been replaced, but as I understand it, this was somewhat common on the Columbian contract FN's. It also had a recoil pad instead of the corrugated steel butt plate that should be on it. I also located one of those that just arrived in the mail to me this week and is awaiting installation.

FN49_Columbian_sml.jpg

Well added (2) Venezuelans to the Lux and (4) bayonets. Looking at an Egyptian. I absolutely love the way these rifles shoot! The 7mm in that rifle is about a perfect combination.

rmcc

Back