First gun that was actually yours

Ruger 10/22 when I was 11, birthday gift from Dad....still have it (yes Spanky...the infamous 308 yarder :) )

First gun I bought: Ruger Blackhawk .357 6 1/2

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Red Rider at age 4.
Winchester model 121 .22 at age 6.
Stevens .22-.410 at 8.
H&R 20 guage at 10.
Ruger 10-22 and a Remington 581 at 12.
AP-74 (.22 copy of M-16), L.C. Smith double 20, and Winchester 37 .410 at age 16.
M1 Garand at 17.
FN Fal at 18, and many others since.

------------------
Happiness is a tight group!

The first gun I could call my own (because I payed for it) was a Remington Model 721 in 30-06 with a Weaver K-4 scope.

The first handgun I ever owned was an H&R 9 shot top break revolver.

Shotgun: Mossberg .410 bolt action...actually had different choke tubes that would screw on/off bbl.

Rifle: Winchester .22 semi-auto w/Weaver 4x scope.

Handgun: Colt New Frontier .22 single action. Came with extra cylinder for .22 Magnums.

Mike

First gun that was mine was an 870 slug gun. I got it with my income tax check this year.

My second gun was a Sig 220. Got it as a birthday gift.

[This message has been edited by Blev (edited October 16, 1999).]

My first gun ws a Mossberg single shot .22 when I was 15 or 16. Cost me $25 and had to argue with my mom to buy it for me. A family friend who was an NRA instructor took my side and I had to join a junior rifle club.

Next gun was a Remington 870 12 ga when I was 17, wish I still had it.

Both guns went when Uncle Sam got his hooks in me for a tour. Sold them to a neighbor. Hope somebody is still shooting the 870.

Geoff Ross

------------------
Damn!...I need more practice!
Pi$$ off the left, register to vote.

1st rifle, Remington 511, XMAS gift from parents '46, age 14. Had WW II Ceiling Price of $13.75. 1st "pistol", Hamilton single shot .22 rifle w/ sawed off barrel & home-made grip. It was not illegal to do this back then. Still have the rifle. It's my cat gun.

Mine was a Cresent Arms single shot .410. Man down the street gave it to my Dad after be broke the stock. Dad got an old man he knew to carve a new stock for it and then gave it to me. I was about 8 at the time. I still have it.

First Rifle: Remington Nylon 66 .22 in dark green. Bought secondhand in 1967 for (from memory) $40 from a friend's older brother who needed the money to get married.

Stolen in 1980 in Kalgoorlie by a couple of snot-nosed kids who'd wagged school for the day, and who left it across the train tracks when they'd run out of ammo.

The cops offered me the pieces back ....... :(

Pistol: Beretta Model 76 in .22 in 1976 for just a shade under $200.
Had to sell it when I couldn't keep up Club membership

Centrefire:
Omark Model 44 Target Rifle in .308. Had to sell it when I left Kalgoorlie. (Couldn't get a licence for it in Perth.)

Shotgun:
Bentley p/a 12g "riot" gun -- 20" barrels.
Confiscated under our new firearms regs and crushed.

B

Mine was and it was 39 years ago, a Sears, Roebuck 12 ga. pump action shotgun (made by Hi-Standard).

My Father bought it for me when I started to hunt.
It was not what was considered a "quality" shotgun but it worked well for me and accounted for a lot of game.

I wish I had hung on to it for personal reasons but I couldn't see that far ahead back then.

------------------
"New Jersey... The First Communist State in The Union"

Jim

www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lake/3887/home.html

[This message has been edited by JMC (edited October 17, 1999).]

Parker Bros. S X S 12 gauge. have that for sure. Given to me by a friend of my grandmothers.
Winchester 9422 in 1979, still have it.
S&W model 17 .22 with 6" barrel, have that too.

But.....speaking of Rem 788, had one (.308 18" barrel), but let it go, regret it, but it has one problem that I thought then that I couldn't live with.
One time had a case (fired!) that wouldn't come out. I was in the field in used some field ingenuity (pounding on the bolt handle) to free it, much to my surprise the handle bent backward about 45 degrees. That's when I discovered that the bold handle and bolt are not one integral part, the bolt handle is like a sleeve that fits over a spike that is part of the bolt. Well I figured that was too great a weakness in a field rifle. I've grown up since then.
Probably shot over a 1000 jack rabbits and coyotes with that rifle (Speer 130gr. hollow points), deadly accurate with 9 lug bolt

[This message has been edited by TABING (edited October 17, 1999).]

I must have been 23.

A Chicom SKS when the import ban was put in by executive order. I let it go for a Mini14 (which wasn't an overall improvement)), which left me to make room for a P14 (.303), Bushmaster HBAR and a Mak90. Covering all bases there, except the .308 RealGun(tm).

First handgun, which I still have, was a Glock 17. I liked simplicity, lowish recoil and magazine capacity. Hope to fire it sometime in the next two weeks. It isn't my target gun, but is closer to the Mak90, a tool that will work w/o much babying. Of course, I still baby it.

First "my" gun was the cheapest BB gun possible ($23?) bought in Champaign-Urbana, IL by my parents when I was 16. Brought it back to the store when we found -no- place to shoot it. Fortunately, on old Jewish guy who raised swans, turkeys and peacocks on his tiny farm let me try a (Malin?) tube-fed semiauto .22 rifle with about fifty rounds of ball and #12 shot. That was quite a mamory and I even have pics of that.

------------------
Cornered Rat
http://dd-b.net/RKBA RKBA posters
http://dd-b.net/olegv Portrait, nature photos

My first gun was given to me by my parents at Christmas time my freshman year in high school back in 1971. It was a Ruger 22 single six with a magnum cylinder. My dad bought that and a 44 mag. super blackhawk for him at the same time. They both were the old 3 screw models and I still have them today. I still have the original box and the sales receipt for the 44 magnum. The memories that brings back when I open the gun case and look at them. Somethings you just never get rid of.

my frist gun was a ruger 10/22 when i was about 12 first shot gun about a year later mossberg 500 my first center fire was a win.94 in 30/30 during my seionor year of highschool only one i still have is the 12 ga mossberg 500

------------------
oneshotonekill

I think I was about 14 and I got a Mossberg bolt action 410 shotgun for Christmas. My first gun I bought was a Remington Nylon 12, .22cal. Still have it minus the stock. My brother broke it somehow and I haven't been able to locate a replacement. The shot gun was stolen.

Mosin-Nagant in 7.62x54, age 12. My grandfather gave it to me. I'm not sure where he got it. Anyway, that rifle is one of the best shooting ones I've ever had. I just wish it had a decent place to mount a scope. Before then, I had access to any of the household rifles or shotguns (under Dad's supervision of course)whenever I wanted.

Winchester 190 For those of you who dont know what that is, its a semi auto .22RF rifle.

Rob

RKBA!

------------------
It's amazing what a large group of stupid people can accomplish.
-----------------

Saved up my lunch money to buy a Winchester Model 77 semi-auto .22 box feed, with 10 extra clips, total came to $25.50 in 1960 in Japan, when I was 14..

Boy, when I went to the beach to shoot that thing you shoulda seen the Japanese kids appear out of the woodwork, never even SEEN a real firearm before! I let several shoot it, too! I've forgotten whether I bought the 4X Weaver scope at the same time or very shortly thereafter. Terrific piece, sold it like a dummy when I needed some dinner cash in college.

Back