Finally! Price gouging laws used. In TX no less

Status
Not open for further replies.
These threads are laughable.

There's always the "no one's holding gun....blah, blah, blah" argument. Probably the same people who wholeheartedly believe in the NRA and its illustrious leader as they fleece their members...'cause you know, it's just about being an American & Capitalism. ;)

Regardless of whether it's called profiteering or price gouging, these jokers are taking advantage of a situation. If so many States have decided that guns & ammo are essential (even in this State of ILL), then why isn't jacking up prices on ammo beyond what is reasonable not price gouging?
And who decides what's 'reasonable'?

Let me guess-the government (Attorneys General and such)?

No thanks.

Larry

Reading thru the responses, I guess that when that guy who tripled the price of the Epipen and gave no reason for doing so and made funny faces when questioned by Congress, he was within his right to do that even tho people who needed that medicine in the event they had some severe allergic reaction were going to have to pay hundreds more that that was okay, gov't need not interfere?

If you're gonna say that life saving medications are an exception, then you'd say food is also an exception because you can't live without food. Why not ammunition? People in the cities where the riots were taking place 6 months ago who were not already gun owners felt they needed something for protection, but ammo was sold out near everywhere. I guess the response there is they should have bought sooner and that's not an excuse.

It is immoral and IMO illegal to capitalize on people's fear of death to make a massive profit. If the choice is go into debt or die we have a fundamental problem in the country.

CTD should be abolished, they're scum and it's unfortunate they haven't gone out of business yet thru normal means of boycotting, so if Texas feels they can get them on gouging, fine. I'm not going to miss them.

And who decides what's 'reasonable'?

Let me guess-the government (Attorneys General and such)?

No thanks.

Larry

Again, if you don't like the law, then work to change it. It is what it is.

Reading thru the responses, I guess that when that guy who tripled the price of the Epipen and gave no reason for doing so and made funny faces when questioned by Congress, he was within his right to do that even tho people who needed that medicine in the event they had some severe allergic reaction were going to have to pay hundreds more that that was okay, gov't need not interfere?

If you're gonna say that life saving medications are an exception, then you'd say food is also an exception because you can't live without food. Why not ammunition? People in the cities where the riots were taking place 6 months ago who were not already gun owners felt they needed something for protection, but ammo was sold out near everywhere. I guess the response there is they should have bought sooner and that's not an excuse.

It is immoral and IMO illegal to capitalize on people's fear of death to make a massive profit. If the choice is go into debt or die we have a fundamental problem in the country.

Mylan paid a $465 million settlement for their price hike. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/17/myl...pipen-settlement-with-justice-department.html

So just what is the acceptable level of profit that should be able to be made? Who determines the proper level? Just curious as there is no law stating what level of profit is appropriate. I remember when Bill Gates was testifying before congress and a congressman asked how much profit was made on Windows and Gates said something like 30% per unit and the congressman claimed that much profit was "un-American."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back