Favorite Sleepers

The SAR Arms guns are fantastic! I've had a B6PC for a while now and just added a K2 .45. Very high quality guns. Zero play in the fit and zero machining marks with a flawless finish. Of current production guns these might just be the best of the sleepers. The TriStar/Caniks are very nice sleepers also but the Sars are a real cut above. The prices of both the TriStars and SARs are quickly on the way north so I guess these sleepers are awakening.

Oh. My own personal crusade. If you like a SAR K2 they are rumored to either currently or in the very recent past produce one in 10mm that hasn't made it to the states. Please if you are interested "shoot" both EAA and SAR an email requesting they get them to us!

Last edited:
I've been seeing more and more Caniks and have been hearing a positive buzz about them. I never heard of them till recently.

As was mentioned before.....

..........FEG Hi Powers(Liked mine so much, got it hard chromed!) and Astra A70(The next to be hard chromed!).

Steel frame Kahrs.

I was a bit surprised when I took my MK9 to the range for the first time. Less recoil than my friend's .380 and unnecessarily accurate. On the very first magazine of WWB I put through it, 3 holes touching. Very anticlimactic. Kind of a "That was it? That easy?" feeling.

Their polymer framed guns are apparently a little spotty in quality and don't really stand out in the current plastic compact craze, but the steel framers are nice.

And because steel frames and double action triggers are soooooooo unfashionable and the market is saturated with other subcompacts, you can get screaming deals if you are patient.

Even though it's almost the same gun, I'd be willing to pick up a K9 because the MK9 is so nice.

And a T9 has made the list, but they are a little pricey for me right now.

Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Compact Pro. Great pistol that goes bang when ever I pulled the trigger.

853757d1435055258t-glimpse-my-little-collection-bersa-45.jpg

American Heritage 6.5" .22LR/R/S and .22WMR cylinder. That little SA revolver is a tack driver and is perfect for teaching a kid how to shoot a handgun and I like it as a side arm while out fishing/hiking. I carry the spare cylinder in a re loader pouch.

Might as well throw in a pic of my current favorite sleeper. Unfortunately I waited too long to "pull the trigger" on this purchase, as the prices were just going up. Fortunately the price on the duotone stainless didn't go up at the same time and I opted for that since there were only a couple dollars difference between the all black and the stainless slide at the instant I bought.

2991e853-e5ed-4db1-b264-97afb30f444b_zpsy77jblpp.jpg

SAR K2 .45

Last edited:
The Bersa Thunders are fine machines, IMO. So is the Phoenix HP 22 (once you disable the redundant safety). And yeah, Star Firestar, and FEG Hi-Power clones.

RG .22 single action
Cheap gun, I've only ever seen one but very accurate. The sights zero at 25 yards and if you can keep steady enough you can hit a 16.9 oz bottle at that distance consistently.

Back